Lux-RC FL33 T50 review - A Layman's Perspective

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
Think he's busy getting his FL33 v3 ready at the moment :D

I work on both projects in parallel so fb1 was never put on hold.
I can't post links here but you can google it, I have all information on the web including task lists, statuses etc.
FB1 is not on sale so I don't think it can be considered as an advertisement or commercial.
Sorry if I'm wrong.
No links anymore.

Last edited:

quazzle

Newly Enlightened
Purchase a Manufacturer's subscription and direct people to your threads there.

sure yes, you know I always do it as soon as I have something for instant shipping. I'll be back to MP very soon

59ride

Enlightened
hi i have a quick question
I will be using this light in the alps snowshoeing and want to know how i go about ordering it with the nitrogen filled head for the colder environment

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've dropped it a number of times. It does chip just a little, because of the soft Aluminum underneath. It's not bad at all, but it is still present. I believe the newer lights though have SS on the end pieces to help protect against that.

Lux-RC

Banned
hi i have a quick question
I will be using this light in the alps snowshoeing and want to know how i go about ordering it with the nitrogen filled head for the colder environment

hi, we don't fill it with Nitrogen now because most guys open the head to replace the optics/light engine.
but if needed we can do that, should be clearly stated in the special instructions.
please also note that if we use nitrogen the head is thread-locked so you will not be able to access the LE and the lens if this option selected.

Lux-RC

Banned
I believe the newer lights though have SS on the end pieces to help protect against that.

yes thanks, I confirm that since 2013 we make all end pieces from stainless steel (the tail cap, the head bezel, the lanyard ring/clip is present). in other words I kept aluminum only for those parts where it's absolutely critical for heat transfer (the radiator fins and the bat tube which is connected to the head)

wyldthng

Newly Enlightened
I just got one of these. It is the most compact version with the underwater head. Beautiful little light and it really puts out a lot of light!! Shipping was no problem - took about 3 weeks. Overall I am really impressed! It's smooth lines feel very nice to touch so I have been carrying it around and fiddling with it since I got it. Thanks Serge!

wyldthng

Newly Enlightened
Instead of the "collar" with the clip, I got the one with the lanyard hole. Fits paracord perfectly. I must say, I am a titanium and Damascus freak and this little light has really won me over. The finish is quite nice. Got caught fiddling with it in a meeting today. Oops.

Lux-RC

Banned
Somewhere I saw it would take several months for building/shipping.

yes, I still have not finished 371 light engine and many guys are waiting for it. On the other hand the items listed in "specials" are using 334 light engine and these flashlights are ready for shipping in 1-2 days.

y260

Enlightened
yes, I still have not finished 371 light engine and many guys are waiting for it. On the other hand the items listed in "specials" are using 334 light engine and these flashlights are ready for shipping in 1-2 days.

Thanks for the update. I look forward to owning one of these in the future.

y260

Enlightened
On a side note -

I contacted the Lux-RC guys asking if the FL33 could be used for diving. Serge replied, and said that it depends on the pressure and the maximum diving depth. He explained that, while the FL-33 does not have pressure compensation like most professional diving lights, it is completely protected and tested to 100m. He also noted that if you dive 60m and below, the button may be pressed down.

So, his general recommendation was that the FL-33 can be used for regular dives down to 50m.

I'm an avid spear fisherman out here in Hawaii, and lately I've been doing a lot of night dives. I picked up a "proper" dive light and although it hasn't leaked, it's about ~300 lumens and has a "wide-angle" no hotspot beam, which isn't good for lighting up caverns or holes in the reef. The FL-33 with an XP-G2 triple is ~1,000 lumens and looks to have a cleaner beam, so I would like to opt for one of those. Just have to save up a bit more :whistle:

Elmie

Enlightened
Just received the light. The 219b's are amazing for colour rendition. The light came well packaged and the attention to detail is something else.

Lux-RC

Banned
FL33 could be used for diving

just the most recent proof (try to locate it on the photo)

10411227_572497742864557_8628796984019696556_n.jpg

more pics

Last edited: