LuxLuthor's Most Powerful Maglite Mods List

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised this thread isn't a sticky, honestly. I come back to it all the time for ideas for my next build. It's a great reference.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
See like I said, Norm is one of the cool guys and not only knows about these type of things but had it covered before we even thought about it. :thumbsup:

Excellent. Now respond to the PM I sent you a few weeks ago :p

Poohgyrr

Newly Enlightened
Wow. I think I love this forum. Just skimming through this thread has me smiling. I have to return later and look stuff up so I know what to get for our old Maglites. Some of those pics show a lot of light - just the thing for outdoors at night. :thumbsup:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. I think I love this forum. Just skimming through this thread has me smiling. I have to return later and look stuff up so I know what to get for our old Maglites. Some of those pics show a lot of light - just the thing for outdoors at night. :thumbsup:

If you can get your hands on the right parts. Which can be a little difficult these days but not impossible. You can do a LOT with old Mag hosts, especially D-cell size. Mag mods comprise the bulk of my collection.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there still LED modifications available through vendors for the Maglite D cell flashlights?

You will get better result if you Google search (top left of this page) for 3XML M*g C & D drop in by Fivemega or any other drop in M*g which are available in CPF's Custom & Modified Flashlights - Buy/Sell/Trade

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, too bad there is nothing to resurrect it with, there have not been any advances in hotwire Maglite in a last decade or so. IIRC the most powerful was a 250W 24v bipin driven by 7 26500 cells, in a 6d body. i have not seen anything brighter as far as mag mods go

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Yea, too bad there is nothing to resurrect it with, there have not been any advances in hotwire Maglite in a last decade or so. IIRC the most powerful was a 250W 24v bipin driven by 7 26500 cells, in a 6d body. i have not seen anything brighter as far as mag mods go
This was King of the Hill last I updated the list:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh, wow, I never seen this one. this the king of hotwire mags for sure.