LX2 or 6PX PRO......

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my LX2, you might wanna think twice about it
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?353770-Pics-Surefire-s-QC-and-Quality-declined <- my commentary on LX2
Ill list out my feeling in point form

About operation/the light
-Low mode is quite easy to activate depends on the switch position, i prefer 15-degree before const low, even lighter than usual forward-clicky-temp-on
-High mode requires a heavier push, maybe its my bad but i could feel bad for holding the switch, also its a too long travel for const on, its 180 degrees from const low
-TIR-beam artifact, urgh i didnt expect Surefire to have such problem
-Disappointed for medium spot with TIR(8-10degree), i expected a tighter beam(5-7sth)
-Tailcap whine/buzz when the pressure is just enough to activate high
-Unbalanced weight, focused in the head, bezel-up carry is uncomfortable, bezel-down is very good because of the weight and position of detent/U-clip
-Doesnt worth a Surefire-price IMHO, i bought it only because it has the unique method of operation, disappointed again
-Dont expect it to come sharp with no tiny ding, mine had some tiny ding on bezel even its brand new

I would say it has a value of 6/10, it does has some good point, but its not quite my cup-o-tea, maybe a $50-off would satisfy my expectation

RatDrall

Newly Enlightened
I just got an LX2 and I love it.

The cap activation feels just right to me. I like the backup function having the twist activation, in case the push button breaks when I need it.

I like the slim size of the light, it carries great bezel down in my pocket.

The finish on mine is perfect.

The 6PXand LX2 are totally different, IMO, because of the tube diameter being different. I've carried the 1" diameter lights before and they seem way bigger in the pocket than a .75" tube.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that while I appreciate the user interface of the LX2, I prefer a clicky switch for general use (6PX).

If I were in law enforcement, or were looking for a flashlight to specifically accompany a gun, I would choose the LX2.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire says this is "normal":shrug:
64280_282979505163622_451514387_n.jpg

pulstar

Enlightened
I wouldn't worry about that. This gap is result of focusing the beam, since the optic is held by the upper part of the bezel which is the screwed down to the right height. I had to boil the head several times to soften the threadlock glue to open damned thing! There's a lot of threadlock glue, water simply can't get in.
When i installed XM-L led, the gap was probably 2-3 times bigger since i had to lift the upperpart of the bezel to get optimal focus.

awenta

Enlightened
Love my LX2 and my 6PX but I must say I prefer the LX2. Any reason its come down to these two lights? They are quite different from one another. You can go for a E2DL if you want a clicky, or the Fury for more output.

You can also wait for the LX2 Ultra to finally make its way.

yearnslow

Enlightened
Love my LX2 and my 6PX but I must say I prefer the LX2. Any reason its come down to these two lights? They are quite different from one another. You can go for a E2DL if you want a clicky, or the Fury for more output.

You can also wait for the LX2 Ultra to finally make its way.

The only reason it comes down to these two is I have never owned a Surefire. The E2DL was in the reckoning, but I don't need the crenallations. I've always used clickys, but just fancied a change of UI, plus it may have to complement a Glock 21, so I'm leaning toward the Lumamax.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only reason it comes down to these two is I have never owned a Surefire. The E2DL was in the reckoning, but I don't need the crenallations. I've always used clickys, but just fancied a change of UI, plus it may have to complement a Glock 21, so I'm leaning toward the Lumamax.

You need a gun but not the strike bezel
smiley11.gif

The const high on LX2 needs quite a pressure to sustain and it makes my fore arm tired, like gripping your fist for a long time
E2DL is more "tactical" than LX2 IMO, i own both, tho they have just raised the price from 189 to 235

awenta

Enlightened
I don't find it that tiring to use. Still one of my favorite lights and clips. Which by the way if you find you don't fancy the clip :takeit: . I don't think you'll be disappointed.