M*g switch assembly help pls ** SORTED A - OK**

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hi all, please can you help me? I disassembled my mag to get re anodised today, first time pulling this (or any other mag) light apart. Anyway, it exploded before I could remove it in one part and I didn't get a good look at how it all fit together before the explosion.

Similarly to the other mag switch post, I have numbered the parts if someone could please give me an idea as to how they go in and in what order if that's important?

Thanks a bunch peeps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tim.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M*g switch assembly help pls - (different) pic

Not an expert but I'll give it a shot-
put 1 over 2, put 5 into the back of 2, put 6 over 5, put 7 into the back end of 5, put this assembly into 8.

3 and 4 fit into recesses in 8, positioned so when 8 is put back in the switch one of them is towards the bulb end and one is towards the battery end.

Pila_Power

Enlightened

Thanks bjn70, I'll see if I can go by that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll post results so everyone doesn't have to waste their time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks again!
Tim.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK maybe another hint or 2 would help-

3 and 4 are sort of u-shaped, one end of the u has a "v" shape bent into it. When you turn on the switch you do this by pushing on the end of 2, which in turn pushes the metal ring 6 and it touches the point of the v on 3 and 4, completing the circuit. When you put 3 and 4 into 8 you put the narrow end in first.

Now look at the blue part that is inside of 9. There is a tab sticking out on the left in the photo and also on the right in the photo. When you put the assembled 8 into 9, these tabs fit into the u shape of 3 and 4.

Pila_Power

Enlightened

Ok, I have it sorted now, thanks very much for posting with your helpful words bjn70.

Muchly appreciated!!

(Now I can help someone else with the same problem in future) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Pila power, can I use that pic in a cpfwiki article if and when cpfwiki starts hosting images? I'd like to do an article about the mag85 and how to build it.

Pila_Power

Enlightened

Cool, no worries paulr... I should have taken a better one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry for the green tinge... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif