M3 arrived today !!!

grift

Enlightened
all i can say is OMG
shocked.gif
grin.gif

this is my FIRST surefire, and with out a doubt not my last. i got it from Lightspeed in B/S/T forums (THANKS ERIC!!!!!). this thing is simply beautiful. hell it looks so good it could put out weak light and id like it, but---ummmm, nope its BRIGHT too
grin.gif

i had just caught the Arc bug w/my Arc AAA LE and ARC LS1rev2.

guys be honest, is there ANY HOPE? i mean, am i now destined to sit in the house, waiting for a storm, or pretending i heard something go bump in the night so i can investigate w/my new and highly praised toys? will I now strike my lil'woman as even wierder when she comes in the computer room to find me in the dark staring at the wall w/a torch in my hand
grin.gif

anyways umm thnks, i guess
tongue.gif
for showing me the light.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, you will not wait for the darkness, you will search out the darkness with a vengence!

Get more batteries!

You will now have to get the KL2, 19 LED, bezel replacement!

It is supposed to be the brightest LED (27 Lumens) of the three KL series!

grift

Enlightened
BuddTX,

i had planned on getting the
KL2 UNTIL i researched it some. seems the runtime isnt all that at max brightness so im a little iffy on getting it now. i WISH i could use the KL3 on it since it puts out 7hours max brightness on a 9v light as opposed to the KL2 being an hour or 2 max brightness if my memory is correct.

oh well guess ill just have to save for a E2o and KL1 now
grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
"when she comes in the computer room to find me in the dark staring at the wall w/a torch in my hand"

Deja vu...and welcome to CPF!

JackBlades

Enlightened
Good choice for a first SF!
Beware that MN11...it eats batteries like Rosie OD does donuts. I must say that when it does go, it's a very linear decrease to yellow with plenty of warning. Nice.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Ooh man, totally no hope this time when you look
at KL3 'cos you can't use it on M3 and you 'll have to get something else.

BTW, not many start with M3. Greeeeat light, I love it! You need to get some silicone grease for the o-rings.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I started with a Z2, then an E1e and now I'm saving for an M3. I want one EVEN more now!
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

grift

Enlightened
Al,

I'd love to get a turbo head but geez for what it costs i can get the E2o and KL1 both OR a BUNCH of batteries
grin.gif

-Eritt

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
Nice choice on the M3
cool.gif
. I started with an E1 gm and have been a big SF fan ever since
wink.gif
. My M3 will stay stock except for the beefy clickie and the Z3 will get the KL2 upgrade and be the big LED light. The M3 beam is just so good
yellowlaugh.gif
. I know you are going to love it.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
the KT4 TurboHead is great, but like Eritt I give up for the sake of cost.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luminocity got his 1st SF last weekend. I sold him my M3 + T-head to boot. He seems to like it a lot. He recently purchsahed 100 223's & is doing the splitting thing. He'll need them. :>) TX

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the M3 / T-head I purchased from TX last weekend is awesome!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

When the light is off, I am so impressed with the quality, feel, and build of the light. Of course that all turns to complete disbelief when I switch it on with the MN11 lamp. With the T-head, it throws one hell of a nice wide beam.

I briefly aimed it a house that is about 400 feet away, and it lit up the entire front of the house!!! I'm sure the owners did not appreciate that, but everyone in my neighborhood is starting to get used to flashes and beams of light suddenly appearing out of nowhere. At least the police haven't been called out anymore!
yellowlaugh.gif

Tex, thanks for such a great deal on this amazing flashlight! Also, thanks again for taking the time to show me your massive flashlight collection. The several hours we spent at the Burger King sure flew by! Not often that I get to hang with somenone who truely appreciates good flashlights! Thanks CPF for making this whole thing possible.
icon14.gif

Of course I am already contemplating my next Surefire purchase. The upcoming A2 sure sounds intriging.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, if you really want to impress a group with the M3, take it to your next "star party". I'm sure everyone will appreciate the brightness after their eyes are well "dark adjusted". :>) TX

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, that out to do wonders for keeping me in good standing with my club! Sure would create quite a stir though!!!
grin.gif