M4 lamp and turbohead questions

mokona2

Enlightened
Just received my latest SF, an M4-HA with the newer scalloped bezel. Since this is my first SF turbohead, I have a few questions:

1. Is the reflector supposed to float inside the head due to the foam padding?

2. How do you keep dust out of the head? Canned air dusters?
3. What is the current lumen rating for the MN60 LOLA? My M4 box says 250 lumens, but SF's website says 200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
1) Yes, that's how it is shock isolated.
2) When not on the flashlight I tend to put a strip of masking tape over the hole. If you use air cans be very careful not to get any water vapour inside. I do not have any experience of using air cans.
3) The MN60 is still 250 Lumens / 60 minutes. Sometimes SureFire in marketing state 200 and othertimes 225. These are typos I believe.

I hope you enjoy your M4!

mokona2

Enlightened
Thanks Al. I didn't notice, but the MN60 that was installed at the factory looked like it was glued(?) onto the neck of the reflector (some kind of greenish-gray goo).

BTW, is the M6 still called the Guardian (formerly Magnum)? I have a D3 and wasn't that one named the same?

Size15's

Flashaholic
It shouldn't be glue. I wouldn't worry about it.

The M6 is the Guardian.

The D3 is a discountinued model. It was called the Guardian.
But, the D2 (also discountined) was the Defender I believe. E2d is the Defender now.
The E2o Outdoorsman is discountined. The E2L and E1L are now the Outdoorsmen!

Al

mokona2

Enlightened
Heh.. you would think SF might come up with more unique names (at least for the collectors)? I guess the model numbers are easy enough to remember. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif