M60L vs M60 vs M60W - You decide which is better...(Now with Animated GIFs)

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: M60L vs M60 vs M60W - You decide which is better...

I'm definitely still learning my camera, but WOW. Big difference using daylight as opposed to AWB...

And...Your wish is my command!:clap:*I also just switched over to Photobucket...:twothumbs

Now THOSE are very, err, illuminating (sorry). Those really give a good, constant reference for the relative differences in tint. Thanks!

Torbeam

Newly Enlightened
Excellent work... I'm just wondering how the sky color can change from red/orange to blue/purple.
Well..one should have both!
I should have bought a W Malkoff instead of the Fenix TK20 - not to say anything bad about it (it's really good) but I got dinged by customs so my TK20 is now a $100+ flashlight. A Malkoff drop-in + shipping would have been only $85.

Cheers

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
Is that a disappearing bagel in the last two gifs? :thinking:
Was the camera shooting through a window?:popcorn:

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any M60 F's?

No. I used to, but sold it off when I needed some cash. :sigh:

Is that a disappearing bagel in the last two gifs? :thinking:
Was the camera shooting through a window?:popcorn:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "a disappearing bagel" but no, the shots were not taken through a window. They were taken from outside on the back deck - the same one you see in the third gif.

Maybe you need to adjust your monitor or perhaps you are talking about the lights from the house behind mine that appear in one photo but not the next in both gifs?:shrug:

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent work... I'm just wondering how the sky color can change from red/orange to blue/purple.

Cheers

If there's more red in the flashlight beam, then the sky will be bluer, as the camera will not add as much red to the image to keep the white balance it's looking for. It helps alot to know what color the sky was actually supposed to be, as reddish and purpleish skies are naturally occuring.

dilbert

Enlightened
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "a disappearing bagel"

I thought it was a UFO! I think it's a wind chime, birdhouse, or bird feeder that is hanging in the tree. In one picture it is sideways, and in another you can see bagel shaped side of it.

Anyway, it's been a while since I ordered a Malkoff, is the stock still updated once a week and it's a mad dash for orders once the e-mail goes out? I think I need to get a M60W or maybe a M60WF. I guess I need to make up my mind first.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great work to WACBZZ and also Toaster for making the Animated Gifs.

I think the real sky is changing colors on its own as the sun is going down over the horizon as the pictures are being taken. they aren't necessarily in the order taken and how much time elapsed of course is not shown.

I love all my Malkoff units and the warm one just brings out the best color saturation in a lot of things.

You just can't go wrong with a Malkoff M anything.

I would love to see what Gene could do to make a thrower with a high polished reflector and a tight little beam.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was a UFO! I think it's a wind chime, birdhouse, or bird feeder that is hanging in the tree. In one picture it is sideways, and in another you can see bagel shaped side of it.

I see what you mean now...yeah, it is a wind chime. Somehow, my wife seems to always get her hands into everything I do.:eek::twothumbs

You just can't go wrong with a Malkoff M anything.

I would love to see what Gene could do to make a thrower with a high polished reflector and a tight little beam.

+1 in a HUGE way!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm waiting for a M60T model. I'm curious to see how much throw could be squeezed out of a drop-in. :whistle:

-Trevor

+1 I wonder if there are any narrower optics he could use or if he would go to a reflector again. I had an M60L but I didn't care for the beam it produced. Oh well. I wonder if the powered versions produces a cleaner, more reflector like beam?

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
I think I'd buy a "T" version too.

The M60W seems to look better for objects up close, but at a distance, like the picture of the shed, it seemed like there wasn't too much of a difference b/w the M60 and M60W. Is it just me or is there a reason for that?