Mac & Hinderer

luck

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if Mac can DLC coat one to match this one. Are people doing the aftermarket coating somewhere else?

shado

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Mac can DLC coat one to match this one. Are people doing the aftermarket coating somewhere else?

Nice knife! I don't think Mac is a big Hinderer fan.......... Also getting it coated will void the warranty with Hinderer.

IsaacL

Enlightened
Not sure I follow your reasoning. Perhaps you meant Mac's warranty?

Those Hinderers were Zirconium Nitride coated by Ionbond USA. Chip Johnston at Ionbond USA is the guy to speak to about PVD coating options.

ZrN coatings are only 2-4 µm thick, not thick enough to throw off tolerances.

Also getting it coated will void the warranty with Hinderer.

luck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks IsaacL, that was the answer I was looking for. I'll contact Chip at Ionbond. I think I must not have been clear...my Hinderer was already DLC coated from Hinderer, wanted the same coating for a Mac flashlight.

jd1911

Newly Enlightened
So that's where my XM-L 18350 is now...It looks like it's gone to a good home :)

Yes Sir, I've had it exactly year now. I don't use it much but each time I do I'm amazed.

Awesome Macs & Hinderers John:thumbsup:
The Stonewashed Tri is perfect for EDC duty IMHO.

Thank You! Its my EDC about 90% of the time.

I was lucky enough to get the Grn/Blk Hinderer on their "Cyber Monday" sale.

Thanks
John

sapwoodworks

Newly Enlightened
These are just beautiful lights! I'm new to the forum. Trying to learn as much as I can. But I've found it hard to order one of macs custom lights. Any pointers?

Mine....

L1110218Medium.jpg

Quotes added, Credit where credits due - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

IsaacL

Enlightened
These are just beautiful lights! I'm new to the forum. Trying to learn as much as I can. But I've found it hard to order one of macs custom lights. Any pointers?

Quotes added, Credit where credits due - Norm

Welcome to CPF! Unfortunately, Mac does not make lights any more. They are only available used. If you want one you'll have to keep a sharp eye on the B/S/T area. Realistically, subscribe via Tapatalk.

I recommend skimming through the thread I created (at least read the header). I would also check out the first 14 threads in this forum, where you'll find the recent discussions.