Machined Triple Cree with Helmet Mount

StevelKnievel

Newly Enlightened
Hey there,

Here are some pics of a helmet mounted light I just finished. 3x Q5s with Cutter's new 4deg optic, driven by a Taskled fatman at 700mA.

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

I've had a chance to try both of Cutter's new optics now and they are superb! :thumbsup:
The 14deg Cutter optic has roughly the same amount of throw and flood as the 10deg Khatod optic, but unlike the Khatod the beam is smooth with no artifacts. The 4deg Cutter optic is awesome for a helmet mounted light! It has exceptional throw while still providing decent peripheral flood. I took some beamshots last night comparing the optics, but it was a little foggy and the photos didn't come out so well.

Hope everyone has a happy New Year!

Mash

Enlightened
Nice work!
I have a question regarding mods, and gorund up builds like this, I asked elsewhere but I didnt get an answer.
Here it is:
How do you work out the distances (any trick apart from careful measuring ;-)), to ensure that when you have everything inside, the lens is where it should be on the bezel? And what is the base of the LED board resting on inside, is there a ledge or something?
Pictures of the inside would be greatly appreciated.
Everytime I try something like this, the lens either is far too deep inside, or sticks out, or wobbles etc!

TheFunkyMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Hiya Steve, brilliant work there.

I'm very interested in your cable and switch, can you tell me the details or is it a secret?

TheFunkyMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Yes that one, thanks for the ridiculously quick reply!

Shame its at batteryspace, postage to uk is well expensive!

I was hoping it would be a multicore cable with a momentary switch in there.

Do you know if anyone makes such a product?

4 core cable, momentary switch and latch switch too in 1 unit?

TheFunkyMonkey

Newly Enlightened
Howdy trout.
Was just hoping for an easy solution, USB cable is ideal though, got loads knockin about here.

Hijack comin,

It's still on hold for now, no leds yet. I might be having a change from the triple though. I fancy trying to use one of these

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut190

They're 38.5 mm in diameter. Most likely a complete pain to build but could get 700+ lumen at just 350ma, 9 watts approx so would be cooler too. Might even go in your housing with a bit of work! Anyone tried this? Think I'll start a topic actually...

Last edited:

Latest posts