MagLite 2C colors?

C

cbdudley

Enlightened
Are there any of these left in any color besides black and pewter? I'm interested - please advise.

P

pizzaman

Enlightened
Sorry, All lights have been spoken for.

Thanks, TR

F

flange938

Newly Enlightened
Pewter and purple are still in Home Depots in Nashville. They've stocked more since
Christmas

H

hord

Newly Enlightened
Hi Flange938,

Would you be able to tell me approx. how much the 2C's cost in Nashville?
We don't get any colours down here in Australia at all!!

Cheers Harvey

AndyTiedye

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pewters 2Cs are US$14.99 around here.
Saw some (bluish) purple ones a month or two ago, haven't been back to that store but they might still have some.

Shipping to Oz would be $$ though.

H

hord

Newly Enlightened
Hi AndyTiedye,

Thanks for the fast reply! Yeah shipping to Oz is always a bit ritzy... but you soon learn to accept it as part of the hobby! I was just interested in what prices they were asking out of walk-in shops! For what ever reason... I have always lusted after a purple C after seeing photos or icarus's creations!

Cheers Harvey

P

pizzaman

Enlightened
"Pewter and purple are still in Home Depots in Nashville".

The "purple" lights are probably the newer bluish-purple version. I haven't seen the grape purple color in over a year. They are both labeled purple, but the anodizing is clearly different.

TR

bridgman

bridgman

Enlightened
Just a caution -- I just picked up a "purple" 2D (clearly marked on the paperwork inside the sealed package as purple) but the flashlight is clearly blue. I have a purple 3D to compare it with which is *really* purple.

N

Nebula

Enlightened
Pizzaman is correct. The HD lights are a blend of hues that give off a purple look in some lights, but they are really blue. I have the original purple 3D and there is no comparison.

TR - I responded to your e-mail. PayPal sent 2/28/07 at approxomately 10:40 pm. It appears that $$ has not been claimed. Wrong address perhaps? Kirk

LittleBrownStain

LittleBrownStain

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, a question OK?

The hardware store up the street from me carries the 2, and 3-cell MagLED replacement modules, but from what everyone says, you cannot use rechargeable NiMHs to power them. Are all of you guys using just alkalines?

If I try to power up one of these light modules would I damage it, or would it simply not work??

In fact, I'd probably just buy one of the MagLites outright with the module already installed, but I keep worrying about damaging it with rechargeables - if it won't work with them I'm not really too interested.

Any of you guys have 'ok' luck with powering a MagLED with rechargeables?

Thnx much. :)

N

Nebula

Enlightened
LBS - you might get more responses posting your Qs in the homemade lights section, or the LED section. Just to quickly answer your Q - I don't agree that "everyone" says not to use NiMHs with the Mag. Some do, some don't. There is a risk in using them. Some seem to think it is worth the risk. Others do not. If you want to use NiMHs you might think about modding your mag with something other than the Mag drop in. Good luck. KK

LittleBrownStain said:
Hi guys, a question OK?

The hardware store up the street from me carries the 2, and 3-cell MagLED replacement modules, but from what everyone says, you cannot use rechargeable NiMHs to power them. Are all of you guys using just alkalines?

If I try to power up one of these light modules would I damage it, or would it simply not work??

In fact, I'd probably just buy one of the MagLites outright with the module already installed, but I keep worrying about damaging it with rechargeables - if it won't work with them I'm not really too interested.

Any of you guys have 'ok' luck with powering a MagLED with rechargeables?

Thnx much. :)

LittleBrownStain

LittleBrownStain

Newly Enlightened
Nebula said:
LBS - you might get more responses posting your Qs in the homemade lights section, or the LED section. Just to quickly answer your Q - I don't agree that "everyone" says not to use NiMHs with the Mag. Some do, some don't. There is a risk in using them. Some seem to think it is worth the risk. Others do not. If you want to use NiMHs you might think about modding your mag with something other than the Mag drop in. Good luck. KK

I appreciate the quick comeback, Nebula - I was hoping to get a qwk reply before I headed out the door - (shortly). I will visit other threads in the forums for info.

(But just quickly ..................)

"I don't agree that 'everyone' says not to use NiMHs with the Mag."

I've never seen anyone say you can (or even should) use them. Even in an independant review, the guy scanned the back of the MagLite blister pack where it said NOT to use rechargeables.

"There is a risk in using them."

:huh2: (Oh, poop). And the risk is ????? A smoking bulb? (From 2 lil' ol' rechargeables?) That response gives me pause for thought. Here in Canada (up the street at the 'Canadian Tire' store) either the 2-cell or 3-cell maglite modules cost $27.95 CAD + tax, and I don't want to smoke them!

"If you want to use NiMHs you might think about modding your mag with something other than the Mag drop in."

The EverLED module would work terrifically and be quite safe to use, but I'd have to order the dang thing thru the mail - would take, maybe a week or two. (And the C.T. store is only 15 mins away).

Thank you for replying ..... I see I have a bit more research to do. :mecry:

Last edited:
N

Nebula

Enlightened
TR - the lights arrived today. That was very fast shipping. The lights look terrific. Thanks so much - especially for helping me find the elusive PURPLE 2C! KK

P

pizzaman

Enlightened
Nebula,

Glad you are pleased. I'm sure I'll kick myself down the road for letting them go, but a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

Cheers, TR

N

Nebula

Enlightened
I've never seen anyone say you can (or even should) use them. Even in an independant review, the guy scanned the back of the MagLite blister pack where it said NOT to use rechargeables.
LBS - I do not doubt your conviction for a moment. That said, it has been my experience that when a person speaks in terms of absolutes, it is often because he does not have a full understanding of the facts. A quick read of your response indicates to this writer that you need to do a little more research before making pronouncements such as the quoted one above. I suggest that you give the search function a shot. I will not debate the issue, but I will help to focus your search. If you are still interested in an answer to your query then start with the attached thread. As you will see, there are those that endorse the use of NiMHs in Mag mods. Good luck.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/123270

Last edited: