Maglite finally goes dual power!

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
It's nice to have the option of an 18650 in my ML25 without buying a 3D printer.
I also saw that its a rechargeable for the Mag Tac Rechargeable. However, not sure how that works because you need the plastic screw thing to get the battery out.

LRJ88

Enlightened
To quote some convict in a tin can: "Hell, it's about damn time". Maglite could likely make a fine dime just printing a caddy like this for legacy models too like the old 2D-6D ones that are still in circulation and being used with various upgrade kits. I know i'd buy one unless it was $40+ or could only use some proprietary battery solution.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I also saw that its a rechargeable for the Mag Tac Rechargeable. However, not sure how that works because you need the plastic screw thing to get the battery out.
I don't own a MagTac rechargeable but it appears to be roughly the same size as a MagTac or XL50, which neither of are the size of a 2C Maglite or even close so I'm scratching my head wondering how the 2C to 18650 adapter can fit inside the barrel of a 2x123 sized light.

I may pull the trigger at their black friday sale and find out but for now I'm good.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a MagTac rechargeable but it appears to be roughly the same size as a MagTac or XL50, which neither of are the size of a 2C Maglite or even close so I'm scratching my head wondering how the 2C to 18650 adapter can fit inside the barrel of a 2x123 sized light.

I may pull the trigger at their black friday sale and find out but for now I'm good.
Doesn't the MagTac rechargeable use an 18650 LiFePo4 as standard? I wonder if this Li-ion is compatible with the MagTac charger?

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's nice to have the option of an 18650 in my ML25 without buying a 3D printer.
You don't need a 3d printer. Just an AA to C cell adapter and an AA blank. Then you can easily make your own 21700 adapter for the ML25LT.

qDaQuSCh.jpg

uHidj4mh.jpg

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do not think you use the adapter for it, just the cell alone. it is basically the same size as 2x 123 cells.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm sure you probably realized this by now, but it is just using the 18650 as an external charger.

Mag Charger for 2 C-cell series - used to charge MagTac Rechargeable.02.jpg

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I am waiting on Maglite to have a sale before I buy some.

Edit: email showed BFCM25 gets 25% off store wide so I bought a kit for an ML25 and an ML50. While there another midnight blue 2D incan. That is such a good looking light.

Last edited: