Maglite LED and incan mods and drop-ins, Overview

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:bump:

Because there seems to be more new Maglite drop-in/mod threads recently, many of which aren't really necessary if people read this thread.

kohalpha

Newly Enlightened
can i check with everyone, i happen to possess both a Maglite 6D torch and a Maglite 4D LED bulb. what happens if i use the bulb in this torch without dummy cells? would i blow off the bulb immediately?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
It might burn out. The driver might be overvolted and die.

There are a few drop-ins on the list that will take 6 cells without problem. One of those might be good for you.

:welcome: kohalpha

soli

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a new CPF discount code for this guy? "CFP" doesn't seem to work anymore...:eek:oo:

Just in case it wasn't a typo you made, the coupon code is "CPF" (with out the quotes) not "CFP", worked fine for me yesterday.

asutherland

Newly Enlightened
Just in case it wasn't a typo you made, the coupon code is "CPF" (with out the quotes) not "CFP", worked fine for me yesterday.

Haha, yes, my typo was on the forum here (I have teh dum)... but I double checked on the Malkoff site, I am still getting
Error - Please re-enter your redemption code and try again.

When are you entering the discount code? I'm entering it once I get to the paypal site.

Andrew

asutherland

Newly Enlightened
Aha - I registered on their site, then went to checkout (non paypal) and it has a different discount spot. It works there. -$5.50:D

streetkid

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about physical mods for a 3D to make the light look/function better. Something like those tail caps that help breaking a car window, or some sort of lanyard ring, or a massive belt clip.

bobo383

Newly Enlightened
  • Strike Anywhere mod
    • Fill the inside with strike anywhere matches instead of an AAA battery.
    • More output then stock
    • Can actually start fires
    • Provides a water resistant match tube:
(in progress)

With a stock AA incan minimag I have to strike a match to see if the flashlight is lit!