Malkoff 219b v3 thread

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
2xAA Eneloop should run about 8-9 hours with a M31LL 219b. 2xAA Energizer lithium would be around 12 hours. 1xCR123 should be about 4 hours.

This setup is what I store in my vehicles along with CR123 and AA e2 lithium cells. They're in hosts that are convertible from "3p" to "9p" with delrin sleeves and a dummy 1xAA cell in case I want to run them on a single AA in a pinch.

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
2xAA Eneloop should run about 8-9 hours with a M31LL 219b. 2xAA Energizer lithium would be around 12 hours. 1xCR123 should be about 4 hours.

This setup is what I store in my vehicles along with CR123 and AA e2 lithium cells. They're in hosts that are convertible from "3p" to "9p" with delrin sleeves and a dummy 1xAA cell in case I want to run them on a single AA in a pinch.

That’s really helpful, thank you [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been running my M31LL on a CR123 and, to be honest, I have no idea how much runtime I've used. It's been on the same cell for more than a year...

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The runtimes I posted are from INFRNL's graphs, so he really deserves the credit. I extrapolated the 2x Eneloop runtime using the M31L runtimes vs e2 lithium.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Well at last the m61 v3 is with me! yay, so swapped the OR mule 219b 4500k out of the md2. Found my modded hi/low ring with higher changed resister, this gives the low a more usable(for me)level.
cpjrivbl.jpg

rb8r2iGl.jpg

lxs87Zpl.jpg

bdZHUs0l.jpg

hi/low
UTyyzDDl.jpg

Qu41Ulil.jpg

P5c6Pwil.jpg

I might take/use in work, it would then be transplanted to a z2 if i do. 1st world problems and all that.

xQQWz5kl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
What value resistor are you using on your modified high/low ring, and what would you estimate the output to be on low?

Darn it, i had a feeling someone would ask:ohgeez:thats the reason i missed that little info out, as not sure:ohgeez::laughing:

I bought a few at the time, i am thinking 15 ohm type resistance. Measurement with this would be around 20-30lm max type output.

Let me do some digging as i am sure i posted on here the info, must be in the malkoff thread. It was early last year 2019.

No-15746
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...Official-Malkoff-Junkie-thread-Part-2/page525
It seems to be 10ohm

Last edited:

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Anyone know if illumn is going to get MDC AA 219's back in-stock?

Last I heard there were plans for an MDC run of v3 219b sw40 emitters but something happened in manufacturing to the whole batch of MDC parts and they had to restart. Craig/ Calvin seemed to indicate this would take several months to re-boot in February. Perhaps we are close, I'll shoot em an email.

The MDC AA, 16650, and CR123 were the 3 most popular in a general sense (and I had a conversation with them about this), but there's no telling for sure which versions will be produced. I'll shoot them another email, been a while since I've bugged them!

bts327

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I just purchased one of these to drop in to my MD2 head. The head wrench has been oos for a while now and I've had this drop in for weeks with no way to switch it out. I have given up on waiting for a restock of the head wrench, is there a certain size and/or model number of circlip pliers I can use to remove the hi/lo ring?

Thanks.

WhiskeyLight

Newly Enlightened
Heads-up that illumn.com has a few 219b v3 lovelies back in stock. I picked up another M31LL to shore up my 3 volt kit, and put it in a 22.3 on an MD3 w/ 2AA in a delrin sleeve. Sturdy 3 volts!

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I just purchased one of these to drop in to my MD2 head. The head wrench has been oos for a while now and I've had this drop in for weeks with no way to switch it out. I have given up on waiting for a restock of the head wrench, is there a certain size and/or model number of circlip pliers I can use to remove the hi/lo ring?

Thanks.

I hope you got your answer by now, otherwise small needle nose pliers will do.