Malkoff "Hound Dog"

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Super hard use is a lifestyle
That's 23 hours, obviously
1936B179-C12F-4137-8F9C-883189A800D7.jpeg

RPC

Newly Enlightened
@RPC the kernel never means any disrespect, he's a hard user and loves to share his knowledge. All is good in Malkoff land. Glad to see some action here.

Love it.

Appreciated kernel's response even if it took some deciphering. And, in the end, his reply was dead on balls accurate (yes, use unprotected cells but mind the runtime in one way or another).

This community continues to impress, first round's on me should I ever get the opportunity.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing brings out haters like being a 1%er Malkoff hard user and muscles. When I see an HDS on the streets I take it from them

Last edited:

thebarefooter

Newly Enlightened
How would the new hound dog super perform as a long distance spotlight for hunting compared to a SF M3LT-S? That is my current light for the job. Head is a KX9T-S if that's important to know.
The SF works more fine for me so only looking to get the hound dog super if the difference is significant. Kind of an expensive toy so I want to have a noticeable reason to buy.

fulee9999

Enlightened
do you have distance/runtime requirements...? maybe a HoundDog 18650 would even be enough, or maybe an E2XT head

thermal guy

Flashaholic
How would the new hound dog super perform as a long distance spotlight for hunting compared to a SF M3LT-S? That is my current light for the job. Head is a KX9T-S if that's important to know.
The SF works more fine for me so only looking to get the hound dog super if the difference is significant. Kind of an expensive toy so I want to have a noticeable reason to buy.
I don't own that surefire but I think it's around 30,000 candela the super is twice that.

thebarefooter

Newly Enlightened
do you have distance/runtime requirements...? maybe a HoundDog 18650 would even be enough, or maybe an E2XT head
I was thinking about an e2xt head to put on my scout lights to replace the KX2C heads on there now. Might get expensive replacing heads on my 5 weapon mounted scout lights 🙁. I will get back to you on distance requirements for the hound dog once I can play with my current lights tonight.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kinda off-topic but: since getting my MD21700 I haven't carried it a bunch because it doesn't fit into my 1" holster. Can anyone recommend a simple leather holster or (even better) a clip that would fit it? I like simply clipping my MDC to my belt, I could imagine the same would work well with this.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Get it as a back-up to your SF if it should ever go down. Great reason right there.