Malkoff legos

ledbetter

Enlightened
Mixing up the parts again. Like this set up a lot.V.4 wildcat, five mega, oveready, and surefire running 2 18500s.
74A5E7F0-9527-45ED-9B2A-82A6D121E97C.jpeg

nbp

Flashaholic
I haven't had Malkoff stuff in while since selling some MDCs and VME and such. But I now Have an 18650 MDC to E body on the way to mate to an Oveready Triple E "BOSS" head that isn't getting much love. I think with the bigger cell and more compact body I will use it a lot more than with the 18350 body/P tailcap. I will post it when I get it together. I think it will be very comparable to my other BOSS 70 in this configuration.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, I wondered if you bought the last one. It's a nice combination. That and the 16650 body is how I have my E-Boss

nbp

Flashaholic
I did! There were two of them, and I was pondering it, and then suddenly there was just one and I said oh what the heck let's try it. I called the shop and they said shrouded could be a month out, and to be honest the button doesn't look like it sits too proud so I think it will be okay when it comes to accidental activation. The other option was just replacing the Oveready E35 body with the E70 body but those are out of stock and the mated OR tailcap is chunky and I just wanted a more compact build. I think the Malkoff body fits that usage well.

How do you like that body with the E Boss?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did! There were two of them, and I was pondering it, and then suddenly there was just one and I said oh what the heck let's try it. I called the shop and they said shrouded could be a month out, and to be honest the button doesn't look like it sits too proud so I think it will be okay when it comes to accidental activation. The other option was just replacing the Oveready E35 body with the E70 body but those are out of stock and the mated OR tailcap is chunky and I just wanted a more compact build. I think the Malkoff body fits that usage well.

How do you like that body with the E Boss?

You'll be good to go with the unshrouded!
I have an unshrouded CR123 and it's never turned on in my pocket...and I sit most of the day

The 18650 E-body is definitely the way to go.
I ordered it specifically for the E-Boss.

I've thought about ordering a FiveMega E-18350 and E-18500 several times, and I stop because the 18650-Ebody is so nice.

In theory the McCliky switch may blow up if you go full-throttle all the time, but I haven't had a problem.
But quick parts swap will get it back going again.
I've been thinking of ways to turn those E bodies into a twisty.
I haven't tested anything yet because I haven't blown up the McClicky.

nbp

Flashaholic
Excellent, that is good to know. I usually go with more recessed buttons, but if it isn't too sensitive it should be fine. McClickies take a fair amount of force, and I could always get a hard press boot if those still are around.

Glad it is working well! It seems like just the right answer to my issue. I hope that it causes me to carry the light more often. I carry my BOSS70 often enough, but that E BOSS setup was nearly the same size but with way less capacity on 18350 so it just had no great advantage despite the nice tint Nichias in it. Thus it sat.

I think I looked at the Fivemega bodies but if I looked at the same ones the main issue was they didn't have clips and I am a major clip snob.

I don't run my BOSSes on after-burn too often so I don't think I will kill a clicky, but I am pretty sure I have extra parts. Although, aren't there McClickies in the stock BOSS bodies anyways?

A twisty...hmm, now that could interesting for a super tiny pocket blaster!! You have me thinking now! I bet if you hunted through old threads from years ago there are some super cool custom twisty E series bodies some of our classic builders that would look great. Put up a WTB and you might find something neat! Maybe old Aleph parts from McGizmo, or other guys like TranquilityBase, Morelite, etc. ?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would have to be a body whose threads are fully anodized except the top...and it would help to have the head's threads anodized.
That way the light powers on when the body touches the driver.

nbp

Flashaholic
Absolutely. It mates up perfectly and looks like they are from the same builder practically. Should be a great user if I can get over treating my ano'd lights with kid gloves. Haha. I tend to use bare metal lights harder since they don't show the wear, all the while secretly wishing my ano'd lights had more cool wear on them. I have problems. Lol

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Absolutely. It mates up perfectly and looks like they are from the same builder practically. Should be a great user if I can get over treating my ano'd lights with kid gloves. Haha. I tend to use bare metal lights harder since they don't show the wear, all the while secretly wishing my ano'd lights had more cool wear on them. I have problems. Lol

You need a Chevy square body 4x4 or a Chevy old body style 4x4 so you can get a sweet taste of the beater-life

nbp

Flashaholic
I know, right?! I look through the Beat Up lights thread and love them all, and then I play so gently with mine. Haha

Also, do you guys know what is needed to make this Malkoff tailcap work with this Oveready E35 body? When I put an E series head on it the battery slides back and forth so there is no proper connection. I assumed it would fit like other P/C/Z/OR tails but no dice.

qVsHV9e.jpg