Malkoff M31

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I normally keep my M31W on a 2XAA tube. You are correct on the one cells runtime is horrible and it's working the battery hard. Wish gene would start offering L and LL in his warm 31's

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I love my M31W and 2XAA setup. The runtime ain't the best but it's a solid combination. I figured I'd give her a try with my 1XAA body and got well over 90 minutes with a eneloop pro.I ended it at 139 minutes and was still 10-15 lumens. Wasn't expecting to get that with this Dropin. Now I really want a M31L.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's rated for 50lm and 250ma@3v. If you go to the runtime thread, you can see what I got for actual draw at various voltages.

That was actually a module i got data on

I think Craig has 1 m31 219v3 listed but it might not exist. His system is not accurate unless he has fixed it. I think m31L/LL are the best behaved modules. Probably the same for m61

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just scored one with plan's to set up a omnivore light with my MD3. But not sure that's even needed now due to the fact that the M91 is pretty much setup as one all by itself.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
You could get a 2AA MDC body from malkoff for around 12 hours of runtime. Even on a single eneloop your looking at 1.5 - 2 hours at ~50lm

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So I ended up putting my M31LL in one of my elzetta bravos. This way I can run a single cr123 with a spacer or a AA with a
AAto2xCR123A Adapter.Its one hell of a tough little setup.

5 hours full output with the 123
2 hours full output with a L91 AA

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
nice:thumbsup:

it's too bad that the Alpha wasn't made to utilize a drop-in like the bravo/charlie, but it's a good light in its own right

vr4corrado

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you can also do a runtime test with a single Eneloop.

Thanks for all the information.
Alex

thermal guy

Flashaholic
That's been done in the runtime graphs. But I did test one. Can find the data right now but it was quite a bit less. Thinking around an hour before it started dropping.

Ok looking at the runtime graph it looks like 1.75 hours it starts to drop so not as good as L91's. But pretty dam close

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So I'm running my M31LL V2 in my mini omnivore "elzetta bravo "and tried putting my hi/lo tail cap on it. No low with the AA but with a primary in it I have low! And it's low. Way under 1 lumen but great for dark adapted eyes. Only issue is you must first start in high then switch to low. It will not turn on in low first. Not really a problem for me. Absolutely love this setup.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I'm running my M31LL V2 in my mini omnivore "elzetta bravo "and tried putting my hi/lo tail cap on it. No low with the AA but with a primary in it I have low! And it's low. Way under 1 lumen but great for dark adapted eyes. Only issue is you must first start in high then switch to low. It will not turn on in low first. Not really a problem for me. Absolutely love this setup.

Nice set up,

If the Bravo is 2XCR123 how are you running a single AA in it?