Malkoff M60's are back in stock

gigbyt

Newly Enlightened
WOW GONE SO FREAKING FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!:poof:
even the quads got sucked right up at 225.00 a piece:crazy:
a pre-order would be nice:wave:

const451

Newly Enlightened
There were gone in 45 min after I got the email notification. Yeah, I missed them :mad:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Yeah, but the quality and usefulness of his particular dropins will ensure that he's going to get the business....for now.

-Steve

Gene really should take preorders. Sooner or later lack of availability is going to cause potential customers to buy elsewhere.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Gene has commented in the past he doesn't take pre-orders because he doesn't want the pressure. I'm sure he's happy selling them as he makes them. At some point he maybe able to keep up with the demand. He has only recently quit his regular job to take on Malkoff Devices full time, so he probably needs more time to catch up with the demand.

Also why do people always post when he puts new products on his site? Isn't that why he has an email notification list people can sign up for if they want to know when new product is added to his site? :)

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Couple of reasons why I did.

1) There was a posting where people said that the sign up function for Gene's mass mailer didn't work.

2) Not everyone has their email up 24x7. Lots of people have CPF on their browsers up 24x7.

-Steve

Also why do people always post when he puts new products on his site? Isn't that why he has an email notification list people can sign up for if they want to know when new product is added to his site? :)

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene quitting his old job and focusing 100% of his time points to an even better reason to take preorders.

It;s his decision, of course, but if it were me, I'd feel better with a long backlog of orders.

EuroBeetle

Newly Enlightened
Gene makes Rolls Royce products AND he is his own man.I have utmost respect for someone who is able to do his own thing and not what others think he should do!

djblank87

Enlightened
I spoke with Gene on the phone, a few months back and asked him about pre-orders and his explanation to me, made perfect sense.

I do not want to speak for Gene but when going at a project like his alone, taking pre-orders can sometimes be a mistake.

Examples are all over this forum that show pro's and con's of the pre-order world.

If Gene did take pre-orders imagine how long the list would be members who would order his product. Then think about that one time when he would have to send out an email stating something was back ordered :poof:

Gene's name would get tossed into the mud quickly by people that do not understand he is a one man operation and that he can not just run over to the factory and pick up new parts. He has to wait for his mail just like the rest of us and some of the items I'm sure come from overseas and we all know that sometimes things happen.

I think Gene has a pretty effective system, he makes a certain number of drop-ins and then sends an email out to all the people that signed up for his newsletter/updates and who ever gets there first gets one.

It keeps everyone on an equal playing field and allows Gene to put quality time into making his drop-ins as opposed to just throwing a hundered of them toghter and hoping the all will have the same quality we have come to expect from Gene's work.

Give Gene a call sometime he is a pleasure to speak with and he can put things in perspective better for anyone wondering why he doesn't take Pre-orders.

Boostedvl

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Eurobeetle. Gene makes quality products that are custom made. The attention to detail, quality of products and the support that he provides is hard to refute. I guess people expect his business to be setup like an overseas factory pumping out masses at a time, but being a boutique product, it has to take time to build these. I guess the best bet is to sign up to his newsletter to find out when things are available and jump in when you get the chance.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I signed up this morning at Malkoff's site. I agree with him not taking pre-orders. Who needs that pressure? I am, however, going to buy the WE D26 HO in the meantime. There is, what, a few dollors difference between the two dropins? $57 vs 60?:broke:

jinx626

Enlightened
Wouldn't it be nice to have a "sign in" sheet where we (the public) can see and our email next to our name (only Gene can see)? So we know exactly where we are in line for the drop-in. So can expect when we will receive it, save money for it, or be excited because we are next on the list. The email next to our name (only Gene can see) would make it very easy for him to email the next person on the list and have them pay for it. If we change our mind and don't want it anymore, we can login and remove our name from the list.

This way is quite ineffective because many of us love Gene's product and want nothing more than get our hands on one, but due our schedule, we cant be online waiting for new stocks.

Just my 2 cents.

hiredgun

Newly Enlightened
I was on a bus yesterday and was bored out of my mind so I decided to check my email account on my Blackberry. Well, Gene's message was there and I decided to try and get a P60 drop in. By the time the browser on my Blackberry loaded his website, managed to get a P60 drop in my shopping cart and then try to pay--well, the Blackberry was just too slow. Didn't get one. Each browser refresh I could see more and more people signing on and that just added to the excitment of trying to get a drop in.

Personally, I had a lot of fun trying to beat the clock to get one. I know my day and time will come. No big deal. I like Gene's system. From a marketing stand point, it keeps the interest high and everybody wanting more. Kinda like Las Vegas.