Malkoff M61W

mwaldron

Enlightened
I just got an email from Malkoff that the M61W is in stock.

Well, that's not true. I ordered mine and THEN came here to tell everyone else. 19 left guys.

The Web Site said:
...The input voltage is 3.4 - 9 volts. Below 3.4 volts it will drop out of regulation and run direct drive. The output is approximately 240 measured out the front lumens. The current draw is only 650ma at 6 volts. The full output runtime is approximately 2 hours on two CR123 primary batteries with a nice long taper as voltage drops. It will easily illuminate objects at 350+ feet and will blind opponents within a 100 foot radius. The LED is a Cree XP-G.
Only 20lm less than the M61 and the same current consumption/run time.

Can't wait for this baby to show up!

edelbrock

Newly Enlightened
I got the same and am very tempted because I love the M61. I think I will defer because I am trying to save for a Haiku. :candle:

mwaldron

Enlightened
I got the same and am very tempted because I love the M61. I think I will defer because I am trying to save for a Haiku. :candle:

I hear ya, I'm not sure I'm going to like the non-optic beam but since it's from Malkoff I'm going to give it a chance.

The one great thing about Malkoff's though, they have wonderful resale value if you don't like them.

edelbrock

Newly Enlightened
I hear ya, I'm not sure I'm going to like the non-optic beam but since it's from Malkoff I'm going to give it a chance.

The one great thing about Malkoff's though, they have wonderful resale value if you don't like them.
I think you will love the M61W. I have a M60W and a M61. They are both great and the M61W should be even better. The spot to flood transition is great on the M61. Wonderfully designed reflector.

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
So very tempting. Don't have a Malkoff drop in yet. Maybe I'll sell my V3 triple and get one of these. :devil:

jonesy

Enlightened
I accidentally ordered one as well. It should accidentally make a great addition to my MD2. :D

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up, just got back from the beach! (glad I checked in) lovecpf
-Mayo

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
3.4 to 9v? So, this will run, if briefly, on a single RC123 or 17670? Can anyone guestimate the runtime on a an RCR?

mwaldron

Enlightened
3.4 to 9v? So, this will run, if briefly, on a single RC123 or 17670? Can anyone guestimate the runtime on a an RCR?

Just search out the forums for the M61 runtime. The M61W draws the same power so will have the same runtime on any given battery type.

Reaper

Enlightened
I really hate checking into CPF. 4 days ago I read about the M61L coming out, ordered it. 2 days I read about the M61LL, ordered that. Today I see the M61W. Am I going to order that? I really don't know since getting a box from Gene every 2 days is making my wife very, very suspicious.

Off the track though, I am very happy with the M61L and M61LL. These 2 modules are now my EDC's replacing my M30F on 3xAA's.

Going to Gene's site now and try not to drain my card anymore than I already have this week.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Malkoff is on the way. In fact it's my first XP-G. I've been waiting on neutral (and based on output and description I am guessing it's actually a neutral or "outdoor" emitter not warm.) This is it.

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm holding off for the M31W .........PayPal standing by Gene :devil:

ecallahan

Enlightened
When I read the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be a thread asking when/if Gene would think of making the M61W. I didn't know he was even working on these! Just snagged one, thanks for the heads up!

mwaldron

Enlightened
When I read the title of the thread, I thought it was going to be a thread asking when/if Gene would think of making the M61W. I didn't know he was even working on these! Just snagged one, thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, sorry about that. I realized the problem after I posted it but you can't edit topics so it was set in stone.