Malkoff MDC - The “Poor Man's Haiku” - Another Ideal EDC

nbp

Flashaholic
You can use any E-series compatible parts man! Surefire, McGizmo, Malkoff, a plethora of aftermarket custom parts. The world is yours.

scout24

Flashaholic
Thkse are both P/C/G/D/Z series compatible, not E-series. I am not sure if they would work with an E to C adapter, but in theory they would. :)

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have photos of this MDC head attached to any surefire P, C, G, or Z series hosts? Just curious to see how they look when lego'ed.

nbp

Flashaholic
E-series is a general term used to describe parts that are made with the same thread pattern as Surefire's E-Series lights: E1, E1L, E2, E2L, etc etc etc. It became a popular standard to adopt years ago for Legoing lights together. So you have to figure out what you are looking for more specifically. Surefire parts? Malkoff parts? McGizmo Aleph parts? Fivemega parts? Older custom parts from Morelite, Tranquility Base, Mirage Man? Tails, bodies?

nbp

Flashaholic
The search bar is your friend, there is much out there on such Legos. How do you want it differ from the stock body? Clicky or Twisty, what material, custom or production, knurled or not knurled, tailstand or not, etc. ... you're going to have to either get very specific so someone can suggest something or just start browsing and see what suits you.

Lantern32

Enlightened
The search bar is your friend, there is much out there on such Legos. How do you want it differ from the stock body? Clicky or Twisty, what material, custom or production, knurled or not knurled, tailstand or not, etc. ... you're going to have to either get very specific so someone can suggest something or just start browsing and see what suits you.

Thank you. When I search twisty body for Malkoff MDC, I get no results related to it?

I would like a twisty body, Aluminum/titanium/carbon, tail stand preferred, don't care about knurling, custom/production doesn't matter...

those are the specifics

nbp

Flashaholic
There weren't twisty bodies made by Gene for MDC. So you are going to have to hunt around for some custom parts that will fit.

Lantern32

Enlightened
There weren't twisty bodies made by Gene for MDC. So you are going to have to hunt around for some custom parts that will fit.

any custom clicky bodies? I'm searching around but all I see is SOLD on everything!

archimedes

Flashaholic
I would like a twisty body, Aluminum/titanium/carbon, tail stand preferred, don't care about knurling, custom/production doesn't matter....

Actually there were twisty tubes made for Malkoff (but not by Malkoff) .... You want a Valiant Concepts VME Twisty tube :)

Unfortunately, they are long out-of-production, and somewhat rare. Thus, they may be a bit of a challenge to find, at this point.

Last edited: