• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker CrownVN - World's First Electrochromic Flashlight

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Night Beam Shot Video:

SBT90.2 5700K DL @2s: 4000L, 215Kcd, 927m
Vary the level of Flood 2 Throw by altering the lens opacity
Slow ramp or instant swap between flood or throw
Light takes 3 18650
Very limited stock

20210930_223738 2.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 10.58.23 PM.png

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Im curious to what the light transmittance of that lens is compared to regular double-coated glas. Judging by the picture this seems to be the laminated type and the liquid layer should significantly impact its optical qualities?
My wild guess is that the light should produce about 4500L with normal clear lens. 4500/4000= 12.5% worse light transmittance.

So perhaps may be 80% light transmittance with Electrochromic Lens.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I want this feature in most of my general purpose light now. I only want it out of dedicated throwers. Performance numbers aren't "WOW" but the usability increased twice as much.

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is Bad A$$! I love it! I don't like this light's form factor but I'm sure I'll be getting lights like this in the future. I'm sure there will be more!

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
What have you done to modify the light? I was looking at manker website and they look the same. A bit different throw and lumens numbers but that could be the way it was measured as yours shows 20% lower output. And I didn't see where you listed the modifications ok your website.
Thanks

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
His website lists the emitter as 'SBT90.2 5700k DL'

DL means de-lensed, which is his modification.

Fird

Enlightened
THAT is cool! This is exactly what I'd want, downscaled into the most pocket-rocket 1x18650 thrower. Simple two-button ramp UI without any bells and whistles, tap to turn on/off at memory level, hold to turn on at minimum and ramp up, hold to ramp low to high, tap-press to ramp high to low, same for throw/flood. Double-tap respective button for full speed/full throw. Support receiving commands on both buttons at once (so I could double tap both buttons with my thumb at the same time for full speed/full throw). Memorize last selected settings on power off... </pipe dream>

SKV89

Enlightened
Very impressive and practical. It is still way more efficient than zoomies.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ok. Is that de-domed?
Not a dome that is de-removed, but a window/cover. There is a thread with some more info and pics, but I will just re-post a pic here. HK90vn DL.
DL = De-Lens.

I also have a MT90PlusVn De-Lens. And a FW21Pro Vn 90.2 De-lens. And a KR1vn 90.2 de-lens. And a K75 Vn de-lens. More focused beam, and more lumens, if I recall correctly.

Attachments

• HK90 head and card.jpg
    HK90 head and card.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 111
  • HK 90 delens zoom in leds.jpg
    HK 90 delens zoom in leds.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 162

Patriot

Flashaholic
Wow! A very impressive feature and seems to work instantly!

Looks like it would fall into the same size class as the M37 and K30GT, although it is 17mm shorter than the later.

Even with the 64mm head, it's down about 100Kcd throw to the K30GT's 57mm head but the trade off might be worth it for this kind of versatility. Far better that a zoomie in every regard in my estimation.

Thanks for the video, Vinh!

Patriot

Flashaholic
The head walls appear to be quite thick. I'm wondering if this was done to provide a certain level of protection to the electrochromic system. Other than being substantially more expensive than other 3 x 18650 lights, there doesn't seem to be many downsides.

It would be neat to see it in a picture next to the MK37 and K30GT.

Latest posts