Masks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My company started a return to work policy July 12th.
Yesterday they declared everybody indoors has to wear a 3 layer mask.
Man, it sure was quiet in there today as the WFH crowd held a mutiny.

I went to Harbor Freight to buy some watch repair tools and they have 10 packs of dental masks for 99 cents. A year ago they were $2 each one when you could find them. Remembering the toilet paper scare I bought 3 boxes to add to my approx 350 or so I already have (along with last years toilet paper horde). Heck, I've been using them for wood working, for when the pollen gets ridiculous and at other times long before the pandemic and right now they're dirt cheap!

Oh, at my office the few who showed up were not wearing face covers. Even the guy who always wears one said "screw that, I'm done wearing one"……I chuckled and said "but, but, but it's for the children"……he said "screw them too, and grandpa and grandma, read my lips no more mask".

turbodog

Flashaholic
...Now the information that seems to be secret is the hospitalization and death rate. The Delta is less deadly by statisics. Partly because of treatments and partly because, at least in America the most vulnerable have largely been inoculated....

I've not looked outside MS for stats, but the ones for here are available.

That said... even if hospitalizations are less (from a percent standpoint), the gross numbers are rising so quickly that it can (and is) consuming all healthcare resources.

We are seeing levels _now_ that rival the worse from ~dec2020, and we are still on the way up, rising very quickly, so quickly my math model keeps breaking every few days.

turbodog

Flashaholic
...Let's discuss the legality of making someone take a vaccine against their will. The vaccine isn't FDA approved. ...

... but I am against anyone who would force someone to put something into their body against their will by threatening them with their careers and livelihoods. That is sick and wrong and deserves the full retaliation from all whom it affects. ...

Approval is largely moot. FDA is gonna pass it, and word is withing ~30 days.

The carriers are forcing stuff into people's bodies against their will... stuff that can take careers, livelihoods, and even their lives.

turbodog

Flashaholic
I feel like we have gotten way off the original topic and this thread has become a catch all for C19 discussions. Let's keep this one for mask ideas and applications. I believe there was another one highlighting the vaccine efforts we can bump up.
sorry. i was sort of 'going down the thread'.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
everyone is a idiot and a genius

Today was the first staff day for upcoming school year (elementary). Heard a new term; those who do not wish to identify as vaccinated. Turns out they must be in the pool of employees who will have to take a COVID test, random chosen 25% of them each week. Outdoors is maskless. Refusal to wear a mask indoors by a student is considered a dress code violation (parent picks up child). An employee who refuses to wear inside goes into a due process kind of thing. And a visitor/family member of student must go through a sequence/passage to enter the facility and be wearing a mask for the 2nd door to be buzzed open. If the visitor takes off the mask in a building and refuses to wear one, the office is to be notified and the sheriff's office will be called if noncompliance continues. Let's hope we all get along and the perceived threat greatly diminished

Hence my username.
Forrest Gump "Stupid is as stupid does"

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love you all but when i see the maskless i think to self avoid this human. im a dumbass but i wear a mask

raggie33

*the raggedier*
truly 95 percent of people in the usa have a higher education then me. hect maybe even 98 percent . im pure dumbass i admit it

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ps most day i end the day thinking to self wtf is wrong with me!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a death in the family not long ago. They had gotten the vaccine shot within 24 hours and died from it. Some of my family decided not to get the shot. Two have cancer and a weakened immune system, my sister and her kids have severe allergies. These family members are all in high risk categories that taking the vaccine could harm them. They are not idiots for weighing the options and choosing for themselves not to take the vaccine. To force my sister to take a vaccine against her will and that could kill her or lose her job taking care of my autistic brother is insane. I don't recognize this country anymore as the land of the free. Anyone here that thinks everyone needs to be forced to take the shot or lose their job needs to stop drinking the koolade. You are advocating for the firing of and possible death of my family.

We had a death in the family not long ago. They had gotten the vaccine shot within 24 hours and died from it. Some of my family decided not to get the shot. Two have cancer and a weakened immune system, my sister and her kids have severe allergies. These family members are all in high risk categories that taking the vaccine could harm them. They are not idiots for weighing the options and choosing for themselves not to take the vaccine. To force my sister to take a vaccine against her will and that could kill her or lose her job taking care of my autistic brother is insane. I don't recognize this country anymore as the land of the free. Anyone here that thinks everyone needs to be forced to take the shot or lose their job needs to stop drinking the koolade. You are advocating for the firing of and possible death of my family.
Some people paint with the broadest brush possible. They don't give any appearance of having compassion or understanding for those that they disagree with.

turbodog

Flashaholic
15 days to slow the spread!

On anything of this nature, there will be hits/misses from a PR/communications perspective. That said, it's hard to know how many lives the 15 days saved... and how many new variants were NOT spawned from it.

It's got to be really tough, communicating a difficult & nuanced message in a more of less universal way in a manner that's easily understood, not misunderstood, is complex enough to be thorough, and short enough to not make people lose interest. And all while various media/news outlets are often (purposefully) misquoting you.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The message was perfectly simple.
Stay 6' apart, wash your hands, cover your face in a crowd. Oh and DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE.

The scarf lady (Dr Byrx), and the then vice president laid out clear, concise language every afternoon around 4:30.

turbodog

Flashaholic
The definitive science on masks from Dr Fauci:

This video goes way over the line into irresponsible. The ~20 seconds I saw were sound snippets, taken out of context, at an unknown time, about an unknown conversation, regarding who knows what variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts