• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Matemico MT35vn Mini - Best Value Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sad to annouce White 1 is also no go. Numbers are not impressive. It seems Only White2 works well with great results.

Sad to annouce White 1 is also no go. Numbers are not impressive. It seems Only White2 works well with great results.

So in that case... the Delta is still king! Regardless of significant head size increase, without a W1 or Olson black, it can't contend in the size to throw department.

Regardless, a great gift light for friends new to the game.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just throwing this out there....I have the strangest feeling... what if, just what if the w2 actually is the king of throw all along and we just didn't know it. Vinh, I'm sure when you get a new thrower, you put the basically the flat black, center it, and wah-lah, it's the best throw it's gonna get. And you don't even bother with w1 or w2. I know you try them on multi emitter lights, but I'm talking about straight single emitter lights like t27vn,t21vn,tn42vn,deltavn. Etc...
maybe w2 in one or more of these lights will produce same or even greater kcd numbers while having 200-400 more lumens...?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
W2 won't beat out W1 or black flat in throw until the Boost HX variation comes out.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
W2 won't beat out W1 or black flat in throw until the Boost HX variation comes out.

It kinda did with this light heh. I know the smaller die usually the greater thrower. But as Vinh says, the reflector is a strange sob. Some just does better for whatever reason with certain emitters.
And this boost hx variants sound bad a**. What are those suppose to do and when's the release?
edit: just looked them up. No release date yet. Also found out there's suppose to be a new flat black S as well!

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boost HX is just the White 2mm die but with a larger thermal pad and much more current handling capability. Instead of producing 1300-1500 max lumens like the White2, it should be able to do like 2000 lumens. White2 can handle upwards of 8amps. Boost HX should be able to handle more than 10amps.

Sometimes when a reflector is an odd shape (like wide and shallow), having an led as tiny as the 1mm white flat or black flat just won't focus properly in it. In most cases, an ideal reflector is in the shape of a parabola, and the TN42 supposedly follows that shape the closest out of nearly any reflector on the market. TN42 is an ideal reflector to test led throw performance in. Of course parabolas can take on different degrees of curvature as well. At the end of the day it really is about designing a reflector around an led.

Last edited:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So in that case... the Delta is still king! Regardless of significant head size increase, without a W1 or Olson black, it can't contend in the size to throw department.

Regardless, a great gift light for friends new to the game.

i like delta olson vn.. its a laser beam alike. Hotspot is very intense. I turn it on before i go to work every other day.. wow wow wow.. it make me giggle too..by the way i have shine this light on the freeway.. i remember it lift the freeway sign reflector from 3/4 mile.. I like delta vn better than tn42vn olson, or acebeam t27vn olson..

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like delta olson vn.. its a laser beam alike. Hotspot is very intense. I turn it on before i go to work every other day.. wow wow wow.. it make me giggle too..by the way i have shine this light on the freeway.. i remember it lift the freeway sign reflector from 3/4 mile.. I like delta vn better than tn42vn olson, or acebeam t27vn olson..
Why u like it better than the t27vn? Because of the size ?and the throw is not much visibly difference?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
The U21 host is rather small, and heavy like a tank! I actually sorta miss mine. It's jacket pocketable, and with the black flat in it, throws crazy far. If I ever had a new one I'd get it cerakoted though; for some reason I just think U21 looks amazing cerakoted.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my light and I'm happy with it. Feels and looks well made. The ergonomics is great. If size is not an issue, I prefer this over the deltavn. I like the beam to this mt35vn mini more. It is a tight hot spot with a bit of corona. When lighting things up at a distance, you get a bigger coverage than the deltavn oslon. I think the w2 is my favorite throwing emitter. The w1 and Oslon Black May throw further, but the hotspot at the end of target is too tiny for my taste. And this time, I got slightly better numbers than Vinh. I got 485-500kcd. I believe my deltavn was like 450kcd. I gave that one to my brother a few months ago. He's just getting started into this hobby.
The one con and it's a pretty big one for me,is that turbo is not at the top of ramp. You need to double click to get turbo.
So that's where the deltavn is better (and size) it has a vnx2 driver. So the delta comes on turbo with single click. And turbo can be in the mode sequence.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my light and I'm happy with it. Feels and looks well made. The ergonomics is great. If size is not an issue, I prefer this over the deltavn. I like the beam to this mt35vn mini more. It is a tight hot spot with a bit of corona. When lighting things up at a distance, you get a bigger coverage than the deltavn oslon. I think the w2 is my favorite throwing emitter. The w1 and Oslon Black May throw further, but the hotspot at the end of target is too tiny for my taste. And this time, I got slightly better numbers than Vinh. I got 485-500kcd. I believe my deltavn was like 450kcd. I gave that one to my brother a few months ago. He's just getting started into this hobby.
The one con and it's a pretty big one for me,is that turbo is not at the top of ramp. You need to double click to get turbo.
So that's where the deltavn is better (and size) it has a vnx2 driver. So the delta comes on turbo with single click. And turbo can be in the mode sequence.

Thanks for the review b8. I received my very first white 2 d18vn this week and super impressed with the performance in the lumen and lux.. ( outthrow sst20/xpl hi ).

I just ordered a mateminco mt35vn white 2 today. I can't wait to try this medium monster thrower!

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup no problem. Yea your gonna love this thing. What cell are you gonna use. This particular light with the w2 was sensitive vs my other lights with w2. You cannot use high drains or anything above 10 amps to be exact. I tried a 15 amp keeppower 5200 mah 26650 and when I use turbo, the beam turned purple. But in the lower modes and high, it was normal.
The keeppower 6000 mah 26650 protected works fine.
And thank you for your thoughts on the d18vn. I read that the other day and almost made me purchase one that minute. But I'm still just waiting on the updated version. I hear FF may put aux leds in that light...