• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT07vn - Compact High Output Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • This light is Amazing!
  • White 2 5400K Max Turn On Perf: 7700L, 115Kcd, 678m
  • XPL2 6500K Max Turn ON Perf: 10,000L, 42Kcd, 410m
ezMfqhH.jpg

RZhkSoy.jpg

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes! This XPL2 version performance is barely shy of my ThruNite TN36UTvn. I realize this is TURN ON numbers, but the heat catches up to the TN36 quickly too. What an amazing performance to size ratio!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

How many amps does this light draw on turbo in each LED configuration? I would like to know what IMR battery provides the most capacity while still putting out 100% of the absolute max output. Is the Golisi/Aspire 26650 with 35A power going to put out any more lumens than a 20A IMR Vapcell 26650?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
How many amps does this light draw on turbo in each LED configuration? I would like to know what IMR battery provides the most capacity while still putting out 100% of the absolute max output. Is the Golisi/Aspire 26650 with 35A power going to put out any more lumens than a 20A IMR Vapcell 26650?

Higher amp = lower internal resistance = More lumen
I have not measured current but I also don't do this much anymore.
Just buy the highest drain cell you can get if max performance is your goal.

Patriot

Flashaholic
10K lumens on a IMR Vapcell. That's some darn, crazy stuff, right there! I'm pretty sure that's a single cell record unless I'm forgetting one.

Funny how warm the W2 looks in comparison but I'd probably go with W2 because of throw and color. This kind of performance on a single cell really makes me take a step back and think how far things have come. It's actually advanced more quickly that I would have anticipated with regards to lumen output. Throw performance took longer to advance that I anticipated but all these advancements are still amazing to me.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probably pulls around 30 amps. Vinh can you look into UCL lenses for the light?

WELP. I just bought three of these bad boys in W2 variant!!! One for me, two as gifts! Can't wait to hold 8k lumens (Golisi 26650) in the palm of my hand in such a tiny compact package! The throw really sold me. Equal to D4Svn supercharged, yet almost double the lumens for only a few mm larger head... plus USB charging?! What's not to love?

I came really close on multiple occasions to buying the D4Svn supercharged, and this MT07vn is similar but on steroids! Super excited for this and to share the power with others!!

Last edited:
Two silver, one green. Not sure which I'll keep for myself. Silver looks really beautiful in the pictures, I like the uniformity. I chose green since there was green in the auxiliary lights.

Although I really love brass and copper, for a jacket carry EODC (every other day carry) I feared the weight pocket sag. Same for gifts, if I give one to a woman then her bag will be weighed down and she won't carry it as often. If I were buying to use for a specific purpose aside from EDC, I'd have likely gone copper for myself.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I heard the silver is Raw...Sure hope it is so I can mess with the finish!

XPL2 5000K or 6500K is total junk in reflector but in optics the tint is wonderful! I just finsihed a brass MT07vn Brass with XPL2 5000K and I love it! Show it off soon!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
There is one thing that suck real bad with the MT07. I will show it in a bit.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, I've been meaning to ask you about the beamshot with the copper light in your hand. I'm probably missing something that's obvious to everyone else, but why does the pictures make it appear as if the bezel is glowing amber? Is that just reflected light bouncing off or an optical illusion that's only and illusion to me and no one else? haha. Sorry if I'm being a bit stupid on this one.

Reflected light off of a headlamp?
Reflected light off of a camera sensor?
Colored overhead lighting on the patio?

I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MT07 Copper & Brass are coated with a protective matte finish. I am persoanlly not a fan of this look although its likely appealing to most if they are not a fan of patina. When I first got the light I thought it was just dirty so I tried to clean it with goof off and immediately this coating gets smudged and eventually rubbed off. Copper version are much more evident than the brass shown below. I think the coating will hold up fine unless exposed to harsh chemicals. However once exposed and rubbed off the exposed metal will be subject to patina while the rest of the light is not. This can be pretty ugly. So IMO handle the light very carefully or just polish it all off and enjoy the natural patina evenly.

mor1bl6.jpg

Thank you for sharing this discovery. I'm surprised they did that to copper. Brass I understand because gold is blingy and fashionablewhen polished, but copper is more collector friendly, i think many will be disappointed buying it stock in copper expecting it to age.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't used 26650s in a while. What is the ideal high drain 26650 for this hotrod? Also could somebody measure the output and/or throw of the highest sustainable output this light has?

Last edited:

Latest posts