• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT07vn - Compact High Output Thrower R

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
Been carrying this light everyday since I received it, along with my SL Nguyen which never leaves my pocket. One thing that has pleasantly surprised me about the MT07vn is that it doesn't seem to get activated accidentally in my pocket the way my D4Svn did. I was forced to carry the D4Svn on mechanical lockout because of its tendency to turn on so easily. It was one of the things that prevented me from carrying it more often. So far, in the same pocket, the MT07vn has not turned on once. Fingers crossed this continues!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing that surprises me most about the MT07vn is that it doesn't get hot fast. I expected it to meltdown after a few seconds, but it doesn't! Of course it is winter and it's used outdoors, but it just keeps on shining, even on Turbo which is higher than max ramp.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AmericanDissent

Enlightened
The thing that surprises me most about the MT07vn is that it doesn't get hot fast. I expected it to meltdown after a few seconds, but it doesn't! Of course it is winter and it's used outdoors, but it just keeps on shining, even on Turbo which is higher than max ramp.

I read, earlier in this thread maybe, that it actually runs cooler in turbo than it does in max ramp. Something to do with which chips the current passes through in one setting vs the other?

As with most of my lights, I have really mostly used low settings and haven't really used turbo or max ramp for anything other than very short bursts.

ETA: found it;
If you have the light at its max turbo output, it manages heat fine for its size. If you have it at max ramp, the linear chips on the underside of the driver overheat and throttle down too soon. A member on BLF designed a copper plate that is used to fit under the driver so that heat can be drawn away from those linear chips, and that the max ramp holds its output considerably longer.

I actually purchased one of these plates and will report back when I receive it. Seems like it's a substantial improvement for max ramp heat management.

Last edited:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The heat sink sold at B*F is 100% worth the money. If you have this light you will LOVE the results. I put one on mine and it improved sustained output substantially.

berfles

Newly Enlightened
I said I was interested in that heatsink as well but don't know how to proceed, I assume the guy says at some point he's doing another batch or something?

Also, I set my ceiling to turbo brightness already because I hate having to turn a light on twice for turbo basically (turn on, then double click). This way I just touble click it and it's turbo immediately. Interested to here that it handles heat better at turbo, it gets hot incredibly fast (understandably) so I don't know how much hotter it could get on max ramp. Can't say I've seen it step down in turbo, I wind up shutting it off because I'm worried it's too hot. That and it really goes through my battery fast.

On that note, does anyone else notice that the battery voltage feature seems to be about .2v off what the battery actually is? I've checked mine and it told me 3.5v so I put it in the charger right away and the charger reads it as 3.7v.

Sberri

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone
I have a question about my new MT07vn W2. 2 of the emitters are not quite as bright as the rest. Is this normal for a multi emitter light?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh, is there a "supercharged" version of the MT07 available? With lens delete and other secret trickery?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess the reason why people don't find 8700L, 60kcd very impressive is because the existence of the MT07vn: White 2 5400K Max Turn On Perf: 7700L, 115Kcd, 678m

I can't remember the cheesy excuse that I made up for myself for skipping this light five months ago when I seriously considered getting it, but in another topic thread, SKV89 reminded us today of its attractive combination of throw and power from single 26650 and not large head diameter. Vinh had a grey aluminum on hand an hour ago, but now it is coming my way.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't remember the cheesy excuse that I made up for myself for skipping this light five months ago when I seriously considered getting it, but in another topic thread, SKV89 reminded us today of its attractive combination of throw and power from single 26650 and not large head diameter. Vinh had a grey aluminum on hand an hour ago, but now it is coming my way.
Good move Rich. The MT07vn has become my go-to flashlight. If I could have only one flashlight, this would be my pick.

SKV89

Enlightened
Still a lityle big to carry around. The E07 would be perfect if only it could throw the same distance.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's one of the reasons that I like the D1Svn a lot. The lumen output is down by 2500L but the throw is outstanding. It's also shorter than both the E07 & MT07 and skinnier than the MT07. The run times are quite good compared to the E07 as well. It's great to have so many fine light choices. There's really something for everyone.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the MT07vn W2 in the mail today, and sure enough, the combination of 8,000 lumens and 678 meters throw in a single 26650 light with 44mm head diameter makes me very happy. Plenty of both throw and power for its size class is what makes this a great light. Notably more throw than others in its size-power class.

This light in W2 still remains the most useful light I've ever owned. Aux lights are so great at night on the bedside table to easily locate it in darkness... I bought 4 of these, one for me and 3 for family members and they all use them as their main house light. 26650 has great capacity and it fits nicely in the palm of hand. Solid tail stand and construction, and the ramping UI is easy to teach older ones. Low end of ramp is perfect for night time bedroom use discretely looking for socks at midnight, getting dressed at 5am, and late night bathroom visits without disturbing others.

Last edited:

Marvin8

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for reviving an ancient thread, but I wonder what it would take for Vinh to make a few more of these? I'd absolutely love to have one of these over a D4Sv2. Pretty Pleaaase!