• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Mateminco MT90vn+ = Farthest Reflector Thrower ...COMING SOON...

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh,

Does that mean we have to wait a while before receiving more MT90vn+'s?

I ordered enough for all of the pendings orders so if you placed an order they should be build and ship soon.

I am going to order another batch after this but I haev to get caught up first. This light takes forever to build.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
All pending orders should be shipped Saturday or Monday at the latest :)
With my vision mostly back I am working around the clock to catch up.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
By the way. This is definitely one of those rare light that i want two for myself. One I am going to bring around in my truck just to show off and another I am going to stack away for SBT100.

star_c_star

Enlightened
By the way. This is definitely one of those rare light that i want two for myself. One I am going to bring around in my truck just to show off and another I am going to stack away for SBT100.

I just ordered a second Mateminco MT90vn+, since it is such an amazing light.

When I have been walking around the neighborhood with it, a couple people said I looked like Rambo. Others thought it was a military device of some type.

By the way, what is the SBT100 (SBT-100)? I am assuming it is an upcoming LED, but can't find any matches on CandlePowerForums.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
MT90vn+ just broke the 3Mcd mark. Now I can call this a 3Mcd light! :)

Larger shorter wires + a bad *** battery carrier is mandatory!

[FONT=&quot]
Ye97m2H.jpg
[/FONT]

Zandar

Enlightened
Yes, Yes, YES! The Official ,Sky lumen :party::party::party::party::party::party::party::twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs3 Mcd Light! Way to go Vinh!

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! WOW! WOW!
That's over two miles! Pretty soon Vinh will be lighting up Elon Musk's low orbit Starlink satellites!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
As promised I should be able to finish and ship all the MT90vn+ today and ship them tomorrow. These lights are soem of the most time consuming lights to build. I take every measure I can to get the most performance out of each. I hope it will be an enjoyable collectible for all.

My visions has gotten rapidly better. Things from afar are very sharp. I would say 90% there. But things upclose are still blurry. May be 80%. The more I use it the more blurry my eyes becomes. I have to take quite a few breaks nowadays. If I forget to drink lots of water the next morning opening my eyes is like rubbing the lids on sand paper. Real painful...I was told from other PRK patients that this is all normal. I will just drink much more water than thirsts demand for now hahaha. Hopefully I will get use to this new habit.

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
Because the buck driver stepped down at about 90s as it overheats when the light is still chilly cool. I used these type of drivers in the previous GTvn90 before and Turbo runtime was greatly limited by driver heat. Gotta step down when the light is not even warm is not fun and does not fittting for the size of the light. With a light this big its nice to be able to run Turbo for as long as the battery allows.

No flashlight manufacturer ever says Turbo duration, especially when it's just about 1-2 minutes. Mateminco is no exception, in fact in the MT90+ the duration of the turbo is just 90 seconds, after which the thermal protection reduces abruptly the output in order to protect the driver and the LED. Of course a longer Turbo would be more appealing to customers but then why does the manufacturer limit it to such a short time? The only reason is that the manufacturer does not want excessive heat to damage the flashlight.

MT90vn+ Spec 3 allows for continuous turbo. Also, Vihn states: "With a light this big its nice to be able to run Turbo for as long as the battery allows." I think this is a chimera! You can run Turbo for as long as the flashlight temperature allows you to hold the light! And this time is not that longer than the Turbo runtime of the stock driver.

Since the Acebeam K75 has a turbo of just 90 secs, I bought the K75vn with the driver VNX2 which allows to the Turbo to run continuously. Good, but after only 150 secs of the turbo, the light is so hot that you cannot hold it! So I spent an extra $110 just to gain 60 seconds! Bah... continuous Turbo is just a dream with high output lights.

Last edited:

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
Mateminco MT90 Plus - The strange behavior of the Turbo when cooled. Is it better to renounce the fan?!

file.php

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Please see post 81. You can turn turbo for as long as you want.

No flashlight manufacturer ever says Turbo duration, especially when it's just about 1-2 minutes. Mateminco is no exception, in fact in the MT90+ the duration of the turbo is just 90 seconds, after which the thermal protection reduces abruptly the output in order to protect the driver and the LED. Of course a longer Turbo would be more appealing to customers but then why does the manufacturer limit it to such a short time? The only reason is that the manufacturer does not want excessive heat to damage the flashlight.

MT90vn+ Spec 3 allows for continuous turbo. Also, Vihn states: "With a light this big its nice to be able to run Turbo for as long as the battery allows." I think this is a chimera! You can run Turbo for as long as the flashlight temperature allows you to hold the light! And this time is not that longer than the Turbo runtime of the stock driver.

Since the Acebeam K75 has a turbo of just 90 secs, I bought the K75vn with the driver VNX2 which allows to the Turbo to run continuously. Good, but after only 150 secs of the turbo, the light is so hot that you cannot hold it! So I spent an extra $110 just to gain 60 seconds! Bah... continuous Turbo is just a dream with high output lights.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

You pay $110 for:
- 60s additional seconds of turbo until light is too hot from room temp. Could be longer if you are outside in colder environmental or if the light was used the in the rain which searchlights are intended for. The stock light step down to protect the driver. VNX2 allow you to decide when you want to step down to protect yourself. The electronics can in fact run NONSTOP without damage.

- Sky Lumen Warranty with USA service

- 500 Lumen and 200Kcd increased in peak performance (These specs are without De-Lens which could add another 5% on top)

- User programmable interface

- The ability to run 1, 2, 3 or 4 cells

- Safest battery configuration possible

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Fan instruction from the factory. They claim there are no FOREVER lock out.

The fan UI: 3 clicks to turn on, long press to turn off.

4 clicks to battery check, 5 clicks to lockout and unlock

6 clicks to lockout, only physically power off to exit like unscrew the tailcap

star_c_star

Enlightened
Fan instruction from the factory. They claim there are no FOREVER lock out.

The fan UI: 3 clicks to turn on, long press to turn off.

4 clicks to battery check, 5 clicks to lockout and unlock

6 clicks to lockout, only physically power off to exit like unscrew the tailcap

Vinh,

Are there instructions on how to set the fan speed?

I now have two Mateminco MT90vn+'s. The fan speed is low on the first one, and high on the second one. So I suspect there is a way to change the fan speed.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh,

Are there instructions on how to set the fan speed? I was not given any. I dont think You can.

I now have two Mateminco MT90vn+'s. The fan speed is low on the first one, and high on the second one. So I suspect there is a way to change the fan speed. Both of your handle are not from the same brand. One is Mateminco and the other Astrolux. Which one blows harder?