Materials/Mechanical/Machining Specific Deals

precisionworks

Flashaholic
My main spindle tool for the mill is an ER-40 collet chuck. Most of the time it works just fine as it is but there are times that I need to drop the tool down a few inches. For this an ER-16 Collet Chuck Extension is great. The best ones I've found are made by Craftsman Industries & sold everywhere but there's a huge price difference among sellers. Look at one example:

Craftsman PCH-ER16-1000 (1" shank, 7.20" overall)

MSC price $157.37

Lake Tool & Supply $76.50

Lake Tool is really nice to deal with & will order in any item they don't stock (like the collet chuck listed above).

wquiles

Flashaholic
My main spindle tool for the mill is an ER-40 collet chuck. Most of the time it works just fine as it is but there are times that I need to drop the tool down a few inches. For this an ER-16 Collet Chuck Extension is great. The best ones I've found are made by Craftsman Industries & sold everywhere but there's a huge price difference among sellers. Look at one example:

Craftsman PCH-ER16-1000 (1" shank, 7.20" overall)

MSC price $157.37

Lake Tool & Supply $76.50

Lake Tool is really nice to deal with & will order in any item they don't stock (like the collet chuck listed above).

Just called them up and order one for my setup ;)

Will

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
From their mailing list:

EVERYTHING you purchase from now thru Tuesday at http://surplusshed.com/ can have a 31 percent discount on your entire order. At checkout click on the "Redeem Coupon" button. To get your discount, YOU MUST ENTER COUPON CODE: SS1308. SALE ENDS TUESDAY, January 8 at 11:59PM Eastern time.

Lots of optics, triplets and tons of cool stuff

Pablo

Last edited:

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once again but this time 46% off:

We desperately need space for new stuff. This is our biggest sale ever! EVERYTHING you purchase from now thru Friday using our website can have a 46 percent discount on your entire order including closeout items. At checkout click on the "Redeem Coupon" button. To get your discount, YOU MUST ENTER COUPON CODE: SS230113. SALE ENDS FRIDAY, March 1 at 11:59PM Eastern time.

Pablo

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Just listed my Bison Set-Tru 3-jaw chuck on eBay (D1-5 mount), priced to sell:http://www.ebay.com/itm/190816597468?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

EDIT: Change of plans. Have always had problems with very weak gripping force (TIR stayed .0004" of less). Figured the jaws were not closing properly & needed to be reground but could not find a shop to do that ... as they are ground on a taper with the front of the jaw touching first. So sell the Bison & pick up a KCM Micro Set for a bunch more money.

Spoke with E-Jaws.com this morning as they sell KCM & other top end chucks & they suggested trying a set of steel soft jaws (bore to size for each different diameter). Worth a try for $60.

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Re: Half-price sale on Micro 100 carbide tooling

If you use DCGT-32xx inserts here's a great price on the high-shear/polished rake face/aluminum turning insert:

Korloy DCGT11T302-AK H01 DCGT32.50.5-AK Carbide Insert 10pcs/lot Free shipping

He'll accept an offer of $45 (that was his counteroffer to me). Excellent results on aluminum & an awesome fine finisher on Ti-6-4, just limit DOC to not more than .010"