Matt... you did it!

ven

Flashaholic
VOB xhp70 5000k de-dome

Shame the phone cant pick up the distance and spread..........but hey, it kicks a55 even on 16340 IMR cells

ven

Flashaholic
Oh i know, he some wimmers.....i mean winners:p

VOB xhp70 is a winner, the p60vn quad xpl HI is a winner too, i love the 5000k tints...............wall of light with good rendition.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

VOB xhp70 is a winner, the p60vn quad xpl HI is a winner too, i love the 5000k tints...............wall of light with good rendition.

Absolutely. And thanks for turning me on to the 4000k to 5000k tints. I've learned much from you, sir

ven

Flashaholic
Absolutely. And thanks for turning me on to the 4000k to 5000k tints. I've learned much from you, sir

Welcome and anytime steve, its always tough tbh as everyone is different, cool tints are(no pun intended) cool, certainly for throwers, but all things closer up and floody(like p60s and EDC types) the 4000-5000k really shines(pun intended this time)for making colours pop. When you get bored and its dark, take a 6500k light and a 4000 or even 5000k light out, Go on a little hunt for colours, see the difference and notice how easier it is on the eyes.............less strain etc. Trouble is though, going back to cool is hard and becomes less frequent. Thats part of the reason i mentioned early on and knowing how many lights your getting. I find 5000k a perfect happy medium, this way you lessen the risk of having lots of 6500k cold lights sat on the side due to enjoying the slightly warmer tints.]

Glad happy:twothumbs

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast

All I know I have learned from Vinh and ven. I get no credit. Without these 2 guys I would still have the ld plastic light I used for 1.99 from the grocery store 30 years ago. Yes I do still have it. But it needs batteries.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love your light! Good to see those pics. IT sure looks like a little beast!

I love my VOB drop in. I have a older one, and wouldn't trade or sell it for the world! I forget what it even is, it is that good! lol

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, wimmer.
Mind asking how much this cost all up? Wouldn't mind getting one myself..

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice, wimmer.
Mind asking how much this cost all up? Wouldn't mind getting one myself..

Alex I had to go back and check my records. I paid $285 shipped. Matt offered some less costly options (in regards to body, etc.) that I believe would've equated to roughly the same output. He'll work with you.

alex21

Newly Enlightened
Alex I had to go back and check my records. I paid $285 shipped. Matt offered some less costly options (in regards to body, etc.) that I believe would've equated to roughly the same output. He'll work with you.

Thanks very much, wimmer

Very reasonable for the end product

vudoo

Enlightened
Hey Wimmer, I have the same setup as you! ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1471185136.628899.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
I used to use my VOB XHP70 dropin in a Surefire C2 body with 2x18350 batteries but the batteries didn't last too long.

Try it on 16340's then :laughing:

In all seriousness though, i dont use the 100% that much other than fun, lower modes are adequate for me and offer a very nice flood beam. I think this drop in for long term use needs 2x 18650's or better still 2x 26650's for long work outs. For size though, the 26650 option is too big for me and i might as well grab a k60vn! Its nice to have the output option in a small host though.........even if it is short lived:D