MBI #3 - Codename: HF

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings from Guam
950b8f462c1f7233f9761d9864d0b175.jpg

Puppet

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Guy. Any word on those new momentary switches? I know you have a lot on your plate....

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, Guy. Any word on those new momentary switches? I know you have a lot on your plate....

Hi Puppet,

Thanks for checking ;)

Order is in, most materials have landed.
There's a new part I'm making for inside the switch to better hold the button in place which requires a mold, it's due to be ready later this week, along with a custom spring/pogo-pin size for the battery connection point.
Once that is done, I do need to re-check sizing for everything just to be sure and then machining can be underway.

Tgwnn

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
Hi Puppet,

Thanks for checking ;)

Order is in, most materials have landed.
There's a new part I'm making for inside the switch to better hold the button in place which requires a mold, it's due to be ready later this week, along with a custom spring/pogo-pin size for the battery connection point.
Once that is done, I do need to re-check sizing for everything just to be sure and then machining can be underway.

Tgwnn

Are these only going to come in Ti? Or will they be available for the aluminum lights too?

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are these only going to come in Ti? Or will they be available for the aluminum lights too?

Hi SA Condor,

The mom-switches, caps will be available in Ti & Copper.
They will of course fit the Aluminum lights but for now, it's only the raw metals.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a latching Momentary :)

Hi mcbrat,

That's a wildly good idea :thumbsup:
To do it now though would, could.... delay things...

Probably needs an auto off or adjustment in output because being latched on high would not be good, and that means adding a small microprocessor. I know just the right one for it thankfully (a watchdog timer of sorts) but prioritizing that PCB, would delay some other "thing".

The way the mom-switch works now, on high mode only, momentary only is most likely the right solution (it's easy to remember to switch it off, just let go) but ideally, I'd like to add a mom-switch into the top of the rotary tail. I have mostly designed that already, just waiting in line with a zillion other "todo" items.

Tgwnn

wrdogg22

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guy,

I'm interesting in purchasing HF-R Ti. It looks like they're currently sold out due to the new parts you're adding. Do you know when these will be available again? Can you explain a little bit more about the new parts (mom switch) that will be added? ...Or maybe I should wait for your thing(s)...

thanks so much

W

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guy,

I'm interesting in purchasing HF-R Ti. It looks like they're currently sold out due to the new parts you're adding. Do you know when these will be available again? Can you explain a little bit more about the new parts (mom switch) that will be added? ...Or maybe I should wait for your thing(s)...

thanks so much

W

Hi wrdogg22,

Thanks for the post :)

I do have some HF-R Ti available on my website but not many.
The available versions right now are "HF" tails with either Nichia219B or Cree XP-L emitter choice.

The new parts, don't affect stock directly, rather they will be add-ons to the existing HF-R.

The momentary-switch, you can read more about it on my website at these pages.

momentary switch product page <==

using the momentary switch with QTC <==

The other first time parts will be end caps for the battery tubes so you can use them as spare battery holders, some photos posted earlier in this thread (perhaps just a few pages back).

Do feel very welcome to ask anything else at all :D

Tgwnn

wrdogg22

Newly Enlightened
Hi wrdogg22,

Thanks for the post :)

I do have some HF-R Ti available on my website but not many.
The available versions right now are "HF" tails with either Nichia219B or Cree XP-L emitter choice.

The new parts, don't affect stock directly, rather they will be add-ons to the existing HF-R.

The momentary-switch, you can read more about it on my website at these pages.

momentary switch product page <==

using the momentary switch with QTC <==

The other first time parts will be end caps for the battery tubes so you can use them as spare battery holders, some photos posted earlier in this thread (perhaps just a few pages back).

Do feel very welcome to ask anything else at all :D

Tgwnn

Thanks for the info, Guy. Do you know when single trit will be available again?

Best,
W