MBI #3 - Codename: HF

Newguy2012

Grade A CS there guy.:) What kind of finish does titanium have? He used to have few different ones back in the days. Is it polished?

the_guy_with_no_name

Thanks so much for the all the posts :thumbsup:

sticktodrum, your new head is on route ;)

As mentioned, it's definitely out of the norm and I've never had any take in water from rain but thanks very much for letting me know about the issue. Of course, everything should always be working out of the box so any issues at all, I'm always very pleased to help and replacements go without saying (or asking).

I've been a little slaughtered at my dayjob (lol) and... busy getting the first crowdfunding campaign ready for the MBI Matchbook.
It's just about all set and thought I'd do my first campaign with something very low risk but I have plenty in the oven at this time.

I'll be back and thank you so much to all for your continued support :twothumbs:

Tgwnn

sticktodrum

Thank you so much again Guy! I really do appreciate the help, you're the best. I'm currently weighing the option of ordering the HF-R Ti with the XP-L or another with the Nichia. It's a gorgeous light, and I have the feeling that the MBI lights will start to multiply...

Question (yet again) for anyone... I'm looking to grab the end caps for a battery holder. Would it be possible to use the included 10440 tube and end caps to hold 2 of the Nukes in one tube? They fit easily in the 10440 tube, so I assume the end caps would work out well. Is that right? Or am I mistaken...

Newguy2012

Thank you so much again Guy! I really do appreciate the help, you're the best. I'm currently weighing the option of ordering the HF-R Ti with the XP-L or another with the Nichia. It's a gorgeous light, and I have the feeling that the MBI lights will start to multiply...

Question (yet again) for anyone... I'm looking to grab the end caps for a battery holder. Would it be possible to use the included 10440 tube and end caps to hold 2 of the Nukes in one tube? They fit easily in the 10440 tube, so I assume the end caps would work out well. Is that right? Or am I mistaken...
Go with the XP-L since your already have a Nichia.

Heywood Floyd

I just tried two 10250 Nukes in a HF-R Ti long fuselage with end caps and it's a snug fit but doable OK. By snug I mean there is more compression on the male threaded cap insulation plug. Hope that makes sense.

the_guy_with_no_name

Hmmm my auto-quote seems to not be working...

sticktodrum,
my pleasure of course.
I tested and the 2x nukes will fit in the 10440 tube. I've mailed you more info on that ;)

puppet,
the mom-switches landed but there is not enough clearance between the inside of the switch and the battery when fully closed causing a 1mm gap (due to a component change). So I'm having that issue sorted out before I can make them available.
hoping that is no more than just a couple of weeks.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Hidden Stash!

I just found a hidden stash of the original HF(s) (the bolt shape) in Anodised Aluminum.

22989886-2023-4e1e-b1bd-33c8de930d25_zpse9vcucm9.jpg

Just a handful.... (a few Nichia, and a few XML)

The Aluminum model was the lightest of all the versions made.

It will probably some time before I make these again so feel welcome to contact me if you'd like more info.
The very first batch, were two mode, and now... I vaguely remember I had a small number sent to the workshop to be modded to 3 mode but I was probably drowning in something or other (work) when they came back, as they've been sitting here, waiting to be discovered.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Email sent for one, please! Nichia.
Ordered now, thx!

Thanks very much Thud1023 :thumbsup:

Funny how timing works, out of the blue I received a mail regarding writing an article on the HF Ti.
I suggested it's probably best to wait until I actually have stock of those but with so many products I'd like to make, I can't really say definitively when the next batch might be.

I've added the HF Al's to my website but not too many of them.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Dear Tribe,

Sincere apologies for the silence :mecry:

Unfortunately, I'm currently not in the best of health (and doing my best to keep up with keeping up) hence I've been completely offline for the most part of the last couple of months. I do expect things to improve but until then, posting is a challenge.

I'm grateful for your thoughts but I'll be happiest when I'm able to be back posting, doing (and I will be) ... (so, please do hold back on pity posts etc.)

Apologies in advance for inconveniences in the meantime and I do very much look forward to doing more of more when the time comes.

Warmly,
Guy/Tgwnn

Zandar

Good to hear from you as I was getting kind of worried.Good thing I put off that call to the State Department. Don't push yourself so hard,
Zandar