MBI Core Ti - (world's thinnest??) Titanium Flashlight Pendant - (work in progress)

MarstheRover

Thanks for the update! Hope the samples work out.

Hi MarstheRover,

Thanks for the post.

I'm expecting some pre-production samples in the next 2 weeks and if they look good, will finally be ready to move to the production batch.
The machining of these is very tricky due to the thinness and so finding a workshop brave enough to take on the task has been a challenge.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Hi Guy, just wondering how the production on these are going?
Cheers, Marc.

Hi Burtronium,

Thanks for posting and welcome.

The production sample of the new batch is finally on route to me.
I'll share some photo's when its here and will be able to confirm the timing then but may be 8weeks or so.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

For a necklight like this, im more that happy to wait :)

Thanks Burtronium ;)

Some good news.

The new production sample arrived and it looks very good, right of the bat.

2DACFEE9-30DA-42A7-8B0E-858716DEA6C9_zps5oakyzsf.jpg

The finish is superb (this quick'n'crappy photo doesn't do it justice), so I'm hoping we can move straight on to the production batch from here.
As you can see, this is the latching version (one push to switch on and stay on, then push again to switch off).

Thanks everyone for your patience and looking forward to having some CoreTi back in stock.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

After seeing the pic I'm no longer happy to wait, i need one NOW!! Hahaha :twothumbs

Thanks Burtronium,

I'll post when they are closer to being ready.

Any word on using Photon Freedom internals?
Hi Tixx,

Are you meaning the latching switch in general or an actual Photon Freedom?

The next batch are all latching (not momentary):
push once for on, push again for off
long push (about 2 sec) for flashing mode

Tgwnn

Tixx

Photon Freedom UI in the Core. I think I mentioned it in the beginnings of this adventure. :)

Tixx

Hi Tixx,

Thanks for clarifying :)

The current version, is as mentioned (on/off, &hold for 2 sec to enter strobe).
The P.F. UI, is it low, high, strobe?

Tgwnn
I have to go check, but it has infinite variable from low to high, strobe, Sos and a few more things in that little light.

Holgi

With so many posts during the last years on the core I am a bit lost to search for the output details this tiny little thing has.
Can anybody help me out and inform?

Bets regards

Holgi

the_guy_with_no_name

I have to go check, but it has infinite variable from low to high, strobe, Sos and a few more things in that little light.
Thanks Tixx,
Not sure that they'll make it into the coming batch but perhaps a future one.
Thanks for the summary :thumbsup:

With so many posts during the last years on the core I am a bit lost to search for the output details this tiny little thing has.
Can anybody help me out and inform?

Bets regards

Holgi
Hi Holgi,

I think I may be able to help :D
Officially its about 2-3 lumens.
Depending on battery combo used (single, double, etc) might be as much as a 5 lumen peak.

Definitely not lumen hunters, rather a stylish and sleek piece of titanium jewellery that has a built in flashlight.

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Happy to say after a very long wait since the last batch, expecting the new batch to be available next month (Nov 2014).

This will be the first batch with an electronic circuit (push once for on, push again for off).
I'm expecting the final proof samples later this month (to do a last check on fit & finish) and will post more details when they arrive.

Tgwnn

coyote

welcome back Guy, and it's great to hear that the Core Ti will be available once again. one of the finest edc and gift 'lights ever designed!

the_guy_with_no_name

welcome back Guy, and it's great to hear that the Core Ti will be available once again. one of the finest edc and gift 'lights ever designed!

Hi coyote,

Thanks for the post and good to see you here too :)
I've been here of course, just mostly posting in the other MBI threads.

Looking forward to having the CoreTi available again!!

Tgwnn

eurypylus

Tgwnn,

FYI the red led CoreTi that I've received during Aug 2012 is still running on its original battery.
I have been hanging it on my backpack when I travel, and on a retractable lanyard during work.
This light is simply fantastic!

the_guy_with_no_name

Tgwnn,

FYI the red led CoreTi that I've received during Aug 2012 is still running on its original battery.
I have been hanging it on my backpack when I travel, and on a retractable lanyard during work.
This light is simply fantastic!

Hi eurypylus,

Thanks so much for the feedback and so thrilled to hear your one and only of a kind CoreTi is going strong.
I remember that one specifically as it took me a few tries to solder the Red LED in just the right position and its the only CoreTi with a Red LED that I've made (it was a Ti blasted 3.2mm version).
I'd made only 2 others with colored LEDs (one pink, one blue).

I completely forgot to post it but the proof sample landed on Friday and it's looking just perfect.
The feel of the button is just right, fit and finish excellent too.

Expecting the batch to arrive during this month.
I'm going to have to adjust the retail price somewhat (final costs still pending) so that it takes into account some of the prototyping costs along with finishing (polishing) as I spent hundreds of hours hand polishing the CoreTi in the previous batch. This time (fortunately), I've asked the workshop to do that hard polishing on my behalf :rolleyes:

Tgwnn

the_guy_with_no_name

Question:
I'm thinking its a good idea to pre attach the custom ti clasp I had made to the CoreTi to save you from having to do that as its a bit of a fiddly thing to do.

Good idea? any reason not to?

Just to refresh your memories...
This is the clasp

ti-clasp2.jpg

Tgwnn