• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McClicky tail switch?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have several Surefire "stock" tailcaps that do NOT have push to latch on operation. they only have push for mementary and twist for latch on.

Can I simply replace the internals with the mcClicky to get momentary and click to turn on operation instead of buying more Surefire switches?

Surefire Lights in question.....

1) 9P
2) 6P
3) Z3
4) 12ZM
5) Z2
6) G2s

Is there any light that this will NOT be good for?

Is this an option to just buy the McClicky and remove the stock innards and replace me with McClicky innards?

Thanks

Curtis

Last edited:

Warleader

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's a great question Curtis . . . . . I don't have a clue (regarding your particular question) . . . . . but it's a really great question.

There are a lot of the momentary-on style Surefire switches in circulation, since clicky tailcaps like the Z57 were an option. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know if the McClicky will fit not only the E-series tailcaps, but other's as well.

Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
The McClicky switch will not be a direct fit in any of those lights/tailcaps. You might be able to use it if you make a threaded bushing that has an OD to match the ID of the tailcap and a ID to match the OD of the McClicky.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up. I had my fingers crossed but I guess it didn't help.

Curtis