• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo EDC's - What's Yours?

nbp

Flashaholic
You guys are probably right. Most likely the imperceptibly thin layer of oxide being rubbed off from friction and then sort of collecting/sticking together, eventually creating a visible smudge. No big deal, it wipes off, just curious.

On the cool side, I am amazed at how well these two are holding up considering they grind against one another at least 8 hours a day. Some very fine scratches and a bit of marking on the edges of the flutes on the Mule, but by and large, they look new. It's pretty crazy. :wow:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
u5ehy7u2.jpg
yhy2azuj.jpg

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
My daily carry is: an XPG Haiku, front left pocket; a Red LED (Of course), in my right front pocket, and my High CRI Sun Drop in m back left pocket.

All with matching Ti. Beads.

That is right three, McGizmos! Can someone tell me if I am OK, or do I need help?:eek:oo:

Now, this is with Levi's...not my Italian Zanella slacks, or my bespoke suits from London...my wife checks...well she pays for my wardrobe! Pretty good deal for me...she freaked when I clipped a light to my Aquascuntum trench coat she had cut for me on Regent Street in London. I keep that coat in Seattle, no rain in the desert.

A well dressed man should have a McGizmo as part of his accessories, in addition to, cuff links, watch, pen, custom folder, tie bar and La Petite Killer! :thumbsup:

Wait, I forgot sunglasses...you can't have lunch in LA without Sunglasses!:cool: Seattle, not so much.

Thanks to all the custom makers who make this all so much fun in the rough economic times. I salute all of you!

Best,

Red LED

DTF

Enlightened
Outdoors, walking the dog, Haiku 6V XML with 1/4" - 20 clip and McGizmo coiled tether with swivel. Easy to securely wrap around my left arm. Always there and never have to actually hold it in my hand. When working a dog, if I had to have the flashlight in my hand to work it, it would spend most of the time in my pocket.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outdoors, walking the dog, Haiku 6V XML with 1/4" - 20 clip and McGizmo coiled tether with swivel. Easy to securely wrap around my left arm. Always there and never have to actually hold it in my hand. When working a dog, if I had to have the flashlight in my hand to work it, it would spend most of the time in my pocket.

Dtf. Can you briefly describe how you use the tether to secure the light to your arm? Maybe a picture may be helpful.
I just can't visualize how you do it.

Had the tether from day 1 and have never used it yet.

DTF

Enlightened
Dtf. Can you briefly describe how you use the tether to secure the light to your arm? Maybe a picture may be helpful.
I just can't visualize how you do it.

Had the tether from day 1 and have never used it yet.

Took me a bit to understand how useful the tether is, also. Attach the clip to the ring. Tether is now a loop. Hold one end of the loop and wrap loop around arm. Put light through loop and pull it towards you to get clip and ring past the point where loop connection is made. Hard to describe exactly. What I like about this is that it is just there. Right now, it's on my arm as I type. It just doesn't get in the way. I drive with it on. When taking off, I grab the whole assembly and pull it off wihtout taking the loop apart. Set it down and it's ready to put back on in an instant.

Originally made these pics to show the difference between the bead blast surface and the polished ti. Yes, that's Jaqi in the background.

IMG_0309.jpg by Dean Fletcher - Photographer - Portland, on Flickr

IMG_0310.jpg by Dean Fletcher - Photographer - Portland, on Flickr

DTF

Enlightened
Don describes his coiled tether design as his best gizmo ever.. or something to that effect. On that basis alone, I ordered one. Sat around for a while and I played with it. Started using it just because of what Don said. It has an organic feel to it. Almost without thinking, it found the most comfortable way of holding on and there it is. Tonight, Jaqi found something and it looked like she was eating it. This was about 200 yards away. Called her off of it - good Jaqi! - but now I had to trek a couple hundred yards to try and determine if something awful was there. Never had to put the Haiku in my hand. Positioned it on my arm at the right angle and it worked perfectly to provide a good lighted path to walk and a spot on where I was headed.

I full heartily agree with Don, his greatest gizmo is the coiled tether. His flashlights are nice but the tether, for me, has been a game changer.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all that DTF. In short, the tether acts much like those iPod arm holders. Only this is attached to the lower half of you limbs.
Time I pull mine out from the storage and try it out. Thank you.

DTF

Enlightened
Two up, McGizmo, Haiku XML 6v and Sundrop. It's just as easy to carry two as it is one. Just needs another swivel and titatium split ring. On my right arm, is a Canon S100 camera attached to another McGizmo coiled tether. Sort of hard to picture that.

IMG_0317.jpg by Dean Fletcher - Photographer - Portland, on Flickr