• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo light on AA's?

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there!

Is there any chance there will ever be a 2AA McGizmo light? I always wanted to buy one of these pieces of art but I prefer AA cells to use instead of the CR123 or Li-Ion.

Cheers!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sacrilege !!!!
Blasphemy !!!!!
How dare you ...

:D :wave: :) :nana:
J/K

In all seriousness, you can use any Aleph head with the UBH battery holder or any similar piece of E-Series 3x123 hardware and run the head on 2xAA. No problem.

bernie

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm I'm very unfamiliar with these lights. Can you advise me something? I want a flashlight :
- on 2 AA batteries
- with a clickie
- overall a slim flashlight, kinda like the L2P.

Any suggestions?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I made an E series (Aleph compatible) 2xAA light with a clickie tail cap and Aleph 2 style head as a proof of concept for a client about a year ago. It never came to anything but it was a cool light, IMHO. :shrug:

And there was a mag mod that allowed for Aleph and E compatible head hosting on the mag AA:

A2-Mag.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use the vital gear 3cell body. It comes with a tail clickie, and will fit 2AA's. Then just screw on an Aleph head and you're good to go.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamhead,

That is a neat set up. Where did you get the bodies from and do they come in black?

-Goatee

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you Beamhead! I just got my first Aleph, an Aleph 3 to be exact and I love it. Options for it are always nice!

-Goatee

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Goatee ... those are the UBH bodies I mentioned in my posts. They came in NAT and brass IIRC. As a substitute you can use the Balrog bodies of the same size or said Vitalgear 3x123 body with clicky or ... other custom options like TB's tubes.

There is a thread linked in the McGizmo FAQ thread listing and showing all E-Series options including those bodies.

You *can* use the 1,5xCR123 Aleph body with 1xAA, but tolerances might get a bit tricky.

Some pics:

Balrog bodies (came in various sizes, bare, NAT and BK)
all_bodies1.jpg

UBH with spacers:
modular_dspeck.jpg

McLux bodies with the rare 3x123 version:
modular_mclux_tails.jpg

Vitalgear bodies (newer version with clickies)
VG_FB123.gif

Brass UBH:
Aleph3UBH2.jpg

TB 3x123 Tube with Aleph components
McAleph3tibezeltbtube.jpg

bernie

PhantomZ

Enlightened
i cant remember who made it or who has it, but there was gold plated or gold coloured AA light that sorta looked like a Mcgizmo creation. i'm not at home right now but i think i have the pic at home and can try posting it later. i think that was only a 1 time thing.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al those bodies look great, but are there also some slim heads? All the pictures show big heads, while I want a slim one to carry the flashlight in my pocket :)

Latest posts