McGizmo Storage...

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
McGizmo Storage!

We have some Money tied up I these lights, and, well how do you store or display them. I think most of us use our lights, however, they need to be kept somehow.

Even users can be placed on display with the ability to keep them looking new with ease.

Any ideas are welcome. I have so many Pelican, Anvil, and Haliburton cases in the studio, I was kind of looking to see other methods of display where people can see them in my den.

Still please post your Pelican and case setups as for travel I will use them and would like to see how some have set theirs up. Do you keep spare heads, light engines, parts, the famous tether, spare clips, screws, orings and switches, or just the lights in your cases, with parts put away elsewhere, decentralized?

What I was thinking was a case of some kind in the den, and a dedicated Pelican with all my lights, and all my spare parts as mentioned above in order to have a centralized McGiz-go-to-case.

At the moment, all mine are out on a table in my den, with the parts in my master flashlight parts storage. I guess what I am thinking of here is since the lights are in a league of their own, a system of everything they come with and need, regardless should be kept in a central location, and the other lights, and parts can be kept together as one.

Thank you, looking forward to seeing how you keep your system.

Best,

RL

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

If I may ask, how do you display your lights at home? Do you have some out for people to see, or do you just keep them on the bench in your shop?

Titanium is a nice looking metal, and the next big thing in jewelry, as it is a color changing metal, unlike the traditional metals used in fine jewelry of the past. So, a nice display seems in order on these beautiful lights from Mr. McGizmo, and others.

What at I would like to commission for my lights after giving it some thought today is a titanium rack with cool milling, and bright flame anodizing, and tritium vial encrusted to hold them awaiting selection to carry for the day.

Last edited:
nbp

nbp

Flashaholic
I just line up all my lights on a small shelving unit my grandpa built, along with all my other EDC type stuff. :shrug:

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Mine are for the most part in AOTH holsters in a pelican 1200 case. Not displayed. The DLC coated Haiku has seen ALOT of carry. The 4 PDs not so much carry - those are my rule breakers (use it of sell it...)

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, guys.

I am thinking of a shelf with halogens, or until LEDs replace halogens, focused on all that Titanium and beautiful Anodizing, with all the beads and lanyards, you know all of the things we love about our lights. I would love this in my den, I don't use the term: Mancave... It sounds so Cro-Magnon.

There has a yet to be some discovered method to storing our expensive lights.

Please keep your ideas coming.

Best,

RL

Last edited:
mikes1

mikes1

Enlightened
A couple in here

DSC_0171.jpg

nbp

nbp

Flashaholic
Awesomes! SF, HDS, Arc, Mac, McG, Gatlight, Cool Fall - lots of great stuff in there!

What's the story with the gold finished HDS?

Last edited:
Str8stroke

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am storing my rigs in Pelican cases. I already had some for camera gear and other stuff. Just bought new foam, and set up for lights. I have a smaller case and two larger ones. Mine are organized based on size & shape more so than make.

I also saw a fellow who used a pelican rifle case, and put his whole light collection in it. Pretty neat to see. Kinda hard to display. But does impress when its popped open.

Mikes1, super nice collection. I have to say, I would upgrade to a Pelican case with all that bling!! WOW, looks nice.

archimedes

archimedes

Moderator,
Staff member
CPF Supporter
Awesomes! SF, HDS, Arc, Mac, McG, Gatlight, Cool Fall - lots of great stuff in there!

What's the story with the gold finished HDS?

If that's the titanium TiN coated one, I think that might be "the" TiN coated "one" :)

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You see, gentlemen, I love the look of them in Pelican cases, and the protection of what they offer, and I do travel with them.

However, I want something for just my Mc Gizmo lights that could be put out on display so people can see them and enjoy them, and maybe even want to get one of their own. I think we are all McGiz pushers to a degree.

I want something like a rack, I have always liked nice racks! But when I use a pelican case it is like, I am right back at work, looking for...did we pack the the close-up lens? Or is it back at the studio 10,000 miles away?

I am looking for something different, luxury kind of item. Now for the record, if I did not work with Pelican and other world class cases the past 24 or whatever years, I would certainly want a Pelican case for these lights.

Please, still keep the photos coming, I still like to see pelican setups as I do use them, on location. What I am looking for is a set up display for my den, and made somehow, out of titanium with bright colors anodized on it. It may not even be possible due to the cost, I guess aluminum would work, as well.

Thank you so much, and again please keep the ideas flowing.

Best,

RL

Last edited:
scout24

scout24

Staff member
Ned- On my short list is a Gerstner machinist's tool chest. Not a display rack, but you can leave the top open and some items on display, and have drawer space for others. Several wood, felt,and metal accent variants. Not industrial at all. As I said, on the short list... :)

calipsoii

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit: Going to move photo to a different thread, this one is for showcasing some gorgeous titanium. :eek:

Last edited:
RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ned- On my short list is a Gerstner machinist's tool chest. Not a display rack, but you can leave the top open and some items on display, and have drawer space for others. Several wood, felt,and metal accent variants. Not industrial at all. As I said, on the short list... :)

I like those too, and if you go out of the house they can be put in a safe.

That is something to consider, thanks.

And, thanks for all the replies, keep them coming, I am always amazed at what pops up around here.

luxlunatic

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using a watch case for storage/display for years now.
The only drawback to this one is the largest lights that will fit are ones with a 28mm reflector.
This is a old pic and I still use this case but my collection is quite different now! I only have a few of those light now and its filled with different stuff!
1-077_zps0d1a19de.jpg