MCR Reflector centering rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken the man,
Can you explain which part needs dremeling and how much ?
Is it the topmost-part that needs to be removed ?

Cheers ! :naughty:
GreenLED, by using a Dremel, a file or some sandpaper for a minute the Mcr19XR centering ring should fit on an Mcr18 or Mcr20 with a Cree NO PROBLEM! ;) I know another really cool trick for these but I`m not telling you right now! :whistle: :nana: But I will later! :grin2:
Ken

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ken the man,
Can you explain which part needs dremeling and how much ?
Is it the topmost-part that needs to be removed ?

Cheers ! :naughty:

Ya really dun`t want me to esplain nuttin, do ya???? :shakehead So how about a picture. :grin2: The centering ring will fit on the Mcr18 and Mcr20 but you just need to shorten it up a little. Same diameter for the step. Good old Don did good for us by being consistant with the diameters on these reflectors! :twothumbs

Now, these can be easily modified to do more. If you are using an Mcr18 or Mcr 20 with an SSC P4 and having troubles centering the LED......... These will work! :D Once the centering ring is shortend to fit, you just need a few twist with a hand reamer to slightly open up the hole for the LED so the SSC P4 will slide on in there. Now, I don`t have these Mcr19 centering rings from this batch that Brian had made for us flashaholics. :p There is a possibilty when using them with the P4 they might need to be trimmed thinner by the LED leads so the reflector will sit all the way down. I`m not sure how thick the bottom of these are??? I`ll find out when my centering rings arrive! Oh CRAPPOLA! I haven`t sent the PayPal for them yet so he can`t mail them!!!!! :banghead: Dang that hurts! :duh2: Hehe!

Hasta la........... I`m outa of here! :laughing:

IMG_4620.jpg

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for finding this out for me...
:bow:

Will be ordering some soon... !!

Status
Not open for further replies.