Members' experience by brand with leaking alkaline cells.

Rich60

Newly Enlightened
Duracell batteries are a nightmare. I’ve lost count of the number of torches the I have had to throw away because they have been ruined by Duracells. I no longer use them in anything and if a buy an electrical item of any kind which comes with Duracell batteries, they get binned and never used.

hsa

Enlightened
Fakespot reviews.
For Rayovac

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Rich60

Newly Enlightened
Fakespot reviews.
For Rayovac
I have been told that LED Lenser will no longer honour the 7 year warranty if damage is caused by the Duracell batteries, Duracell has a million and one excuses why it not their fault that their crap batteries leak and destroy things.

The Hawk

Newly Enlightened
Misery loves company. I see that I am not the only one that has discovered a leaky battery when I open a flashlight to check the batteries.

aznsx

Enlightened
Misery loves company. I see that I am not the only one that has discovered a leaky battery when I open a flashlight to check the batteries.
You are definitely NOT alone, and are in good 'company'. That said, I am taking measures to try to ensure that I minimize such occurrences going forward. My use of alkaline cells is being dropped to at or near zero.

BTW, speaking of 'company', I accidentally moused over your 'avatar', and from what I can tell about what appeared, it seems you may be traveling in some fast company, and on exactly the kind of road(s) I seek out. I did the 6th grade in Morehead, but of course wasn't driving myself and don't remember much of the roads, but I'm sure you probably have some good ones around most areas of that state. Good on ya!