Michigan meet - McLuxIII-PD Prototype

PJ

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gifMcLux Piston Drive Prototype!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

McGizmo is sending a prototype of the next generation of lights being developed by him and Dat2zip. It is a 2 stage light running on a single 123 battery with an all new design. Here are some partial quotes from the McGizmo forum:

"Bernhard, I do have one proto that is half first article and half well tested/ used proto from my lathe. It will be going back to Ganderman for the CPF "meet".
For momentary activation, you push the piston into the sleeve from the rear much like a typical tail mounted switch.
For constant on, we go to threading the head into the sleeve in much the same manner as a normal "twisty" light. The head to sleeve joint is well forward in porportion to the overall length of the light and constant on activation is achieved with simple one handed operation, again like many other lights we are familiar with."

Surefire Flashlight Raffle x 3

Surefire has been kind enought to donate 3 lights for the raffle. How about a free E2e, E2L or a U2? (If you have the lucky ticket)

Too Cool!!!

Saturday, May 14 at 3:00 pm is the date and time.

It will be in the lodge at Gander Mountain in Novi,MI.

All CPF members are welcome.

Free food and beverages

Raffle prizes - 3 Surefire Lights, T-shirts and more

Swap meet - bring your lights and parts

Light Show - Bring your unique and collector lights.

Fully enclosed 50+ yard long area to test lights!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
We would like to get an idea of how many people plan on attending. Please post your CPF name here and if you will be bringing any guests. Sign up isn't mandatory, we just want to get a handle on how many people to expect.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Gander Mountain store is on the northwest corner of I-96 and Novi road, about 14 miles east of U.S. 23. It's in an old Super Kmart if anyone is familiar with the area.

Link to Gander Mountain store locator http://www.gandermountain.com/storelocator/storedetail.asp_Q_store_id_E_74

The List.

1. PJ
2. Gander_Man
3. ksbman
4. jtivat
5. EdN
6. gl22man

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Michigan get-together?

I am almost interested in this..
It's only a couple hours drive for me, I will watch this thread and if you get enough participation I will try to make it.

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened

I'd probably be up for it. I'm out of Lathrup Village, if anyone cares.

Larry

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd probably be in too, either Detroit and/or Chicago, about same either way for me.
Jeff
Martin, MI... right by the 131 speedway, between GR and K-zoo

machspass

Newly Enlightened

Sounds good to me. I live in White Lake (northwest suburbs of Detroit.) I'll watch for more info.

-Jason

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about between Detroit and Lansing? Wherever I am in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PJ

Enlightened

Kensington Metropark is off of I-96 near Milford. That looks like it would be a little more convenient for most. I will check out their website and post what I find. I'll also look for state parks.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

not too far for me, though the real test is whether I can convince the "planning dept" to let me go....

2dim

Enlightened

Any other Toronto CPF people interested? My little Honda could take two, in relative discomfort...

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened

Just as an offer...
I manage the largest 'Outdoor Sports' store in suburban Detroit ['Gander Mountain' in Novi, MI on the west edge of suburban Detroit (near Warren, Farmington Hills, Lathrup Village, Kensington, Etc.)], and we have what we call a "Lodge" inside our store that easily seats over 100 people and we could put up the snack and non-alcoholic drinks for the get together. It has full audio/video, surround sound, a 51" plasma screen, computer links, a projector/screen, not to mention great ambiance with full size big game mounts in there.
Just wanting to offer this for consideration as I love to give back to a forum that's brought me such great fun *S*.
- Russ

Roadblock

Newly Enlightened

Actually it looks like Novi IS in fact pretty central to all the people that have so far responded, not to mention a LODGE room in Gander Mountain people! Free snacks and pop!
How come nobody else has jumped in with any enthusiasm about Gander Man's offer!? Think about it, the parking lot is huge (throw testing) and there are plenty of woods close to the store. You have got to realize that this is a VERY generous offer that we should consider more closely, the only way it could be better is if I could smoke a nice Macanudo inside (Im sure it's not alowed so im not even going to ask!)
I just want to Thank Gander Man for his offer and say this last thing. If we as Michigan C.P.F.ers don't consider it, then we must be smokin' something other than cigars (or cigrette's)

So Thank You Russ
~End Of Rant~

Paul

PJ

Enlightened

Gander_Man, PM sent.