Michigan meet - McLuxIII-PD Prototype

PJ

Enlightened
Re: Michigan get-together?

" Just as an offer...
I manage the largest 'Outdoor Sports' store in suburban Detroit ['Gander Mountain' in Novi, MI on the west edge of suburban Detroit (near Warren, Farmington Hills, Lathrup Village, Kensington, Etc.)], and we have what we call a "Lodge" inside our store that easily seats over 100 people and we could put up the snack and non-alcoholic drinks for the get together. It has full audio/video, surround sound, a 51" plasma screen, computer links, a projector/screen, not to mention great ambiance with full size big game mounts in there.
Just wanting to offer this for consideration as I love to give back to a forum that's brought me such great fun *S*.
- Russ "

I also think this is a great offer and having it indoors takes away any problems with weather.

Saturday May 14 at 3:00 pm is the time. The Gander Mountain store is on the northwest corner of I-96 and Novi road, about 14 miles east of U.S. 23. It's in an old Super Kmart if anyone is familiar with the area. Gander_Man told me they have an enclosed area of about 10,000 sq. ft. that can be used for testing of the lights.

Gander_Man is checking with some of his sources at Surefire and he may be getting a few lights to demo, some of the ones not normally seen in stores. Also this would be a swap meet so bring your lights and parts on down. I am going to talk to him next week to find out exactly what is going to be available and I'll post to this thread at the top as I get more info.

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened

It's ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEeeeedeeee HoodeeeeeeEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, May 14th, 3pm.

Did someone say free food AND free prizes ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

- Russ

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Michigan get-together! MAY 14

I don't think this would be a problem, but is this open to families too? If my wife is working that day it would be me and my 3 boys (2,7,10), if not it would be all of us. In all reality, it would be just me and the boys (my wife dosent really understand our 'problem') /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Jeff

PJ

Enlightened

WildRice, bringing the family should not be a problem. If the kids aren't junior flashaholics they might get bored pretty quick, though. 12 Oaks Mall is across the road from Gander Mountain so the wife and kids might be able to head over there for a while if (when?) you get too involved in the meet.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, I know where the 12 oaks mall is, the office I was out of was in Livonia, 6mi and Haggarty. my boys all like flashlights, my 2 year old knows how to properly hold an EDC, full hand grip and use thumb on the button, real cute, however he finds it funny to flash us in the eyes (3W single 'AA' size), not real funny at night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif. I took my wife to the Dayton Hamvention a few years back, and my two oldest have also gone with me. I havent gone in a few years tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif . This sounds like fun.
Jeff

PJ

Enlightened

Flashaholicism knows no bounds! Come one come all! We validate parking! Your mileage may vary. Please do not operate heavy machinery under the influence of lumens.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
Ummmm,

I am not from Michigan but can I come?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Jon, I plan on coming in from Canada.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It would be great to meet you..

David

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Any other Toronto CPF people interested? My little Honda could take two, in relative discomfort...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can up-the-ante on this one, my Acura fits 4, Avalanche 4 very comfortably, and I am seeking a mini van that should be mobile by then too. I would be interested in the car pool idea, regardless of who drives.. I know someone else in TO that would come along as well..

PJ

Enlightened

JonSidneyB, absolutely! All CPF members are welcome.

I posted that it is not too far from US-23 in case anyone from down south or up north is thinking of coming.
I-275 will also bring you right up to the Gander Mountain in Novi. I-275 connects to I-75 right above Monroe,MI.

The coordinates from the ol' GPS 72 tell me that Gander Mountain is located
N 42deg. 29.464' W 083deg. 28.824'

We may have a few lights from Surefire to raffle off and an unnamed source may send a prototype or two for us to check out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

As things get confirmed I will post at the top of this thread.

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened

Dangdangdangdang. Of all the Murphy's Laws. I have to be in Phoenix that weekend. Ahh well. I'll survive somehow. No worries, it'll be ok. 5 or 6 weeks of counseling should fix me back up <g>. Seriously though, I'm sorry to miss this, especially with JSB coming. Not to mention that it's in my backyard basically.

Larry

PJ

Enlightened

Update. Still checking on the raffle lights and prototypes.
Surefire 2005 Illumination Tools and Tactical Products catalogs will be available. I will post at the top of this thread as information becomes available.

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)

I will be there with my son, and maybe my wife - if for nothing else to show her that there are guys out there that are MUCH 'worse' than I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I will be coming from Windsor. Thanks for the GPS coords.

Tysonb

PJ

Enlightened

I am still waiting to hear from a few people about the raffle lights and the prototypes. Both look to be a pretty sure bet but I can't confirm them yet. The prototypes are the next generation from two of CPF's most exalted members. That is all that I can say about them for now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Of course, just getting together with a bunch of other CPF members to compare and swap lights is reason enough to be there. I have an Aleph 1, Aleph 3, 3D magmod TV1K and a few other lights I'll bring for people to check out if they have never seen them up close. I'm sure we'll have many other lights there for people to peruse, covet and envy. I will post at the top of this thread as more information is available.

2dim

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Pydpiper said:
[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
Any other Toronto CPF people interested? My little Honda could take two, in relative discomfort...

[/ QUOTE ]
I can up-the-ante on this one, my Acura fits 4, Avalanche 4 very comfortably, and I am seeking a mini van that should be mobile by then too. I would be interested in the car pool idea, regardless of who drives.. I know someone else in TO that would come along as well..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to go, though smoke-free vehicle necessary ... also have a few knives waiting to be carried across, rather than taking a chance with customs, etc. Could Michigan member attending receive package from CPF member in California and hold them meanwhile? Please PM for details, if you might be willing to help. Thanks!

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

Ooooooooooh, this could get expensive for me - I've been dying to get an Aleph, the QIII with TWOJ and R123 has held the urge in check, but seeing an Aleph in person? well, a man can only take so much......