Michigan meet - McLuxIII-PD Prototype

PJ

Enlightened
Re: Michigan get-together?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Added some information at the top of this thread. One or two CPF'ers may be interested.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

tysonb

Newly Enlightened
Windsor, Canada - across from warzone D (Detroit)
Re: Michigan get-together! MAY 14

Well,

Let's kick this off with a list of what I am going to bring and what I am looking for. Maybe the attendees could do the same? Whoever wins that e2L - I will make you an offer!

obviously, my lights - as many as I can that are interesting.
a pair of GMRS radios to keep in touch with the wife while she grinds her teeth trying to not bother me to go home
digital camera for photos -say cheese-
some other gadgets for sale or trade

I am in the market for a decent used UHF mobile radio (or 2 or 3 or 4 for the right price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )in the 403-470 range. need to be programmable - prefer motorolas, but not too picky - they just need to work.

Will there be WIFI access to the internet - if so, I may bring one of the laptops.

I too would like to meet JSB:) Pydpiper, where are you from?

Thanks,

Tysonb

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened

EEEEeeedeee HOoooodeeeEEE !!

I love it when a plan comes together *S*!! NOW I'm gettin' excited about this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2dim

Enlightened
Re: Michigan get-together?

Anyone from Toronto area want to share driving costs, your vehicle or mine [1988 Civic wagon can take two more in a pinch, one comfortably]? Otherwise, is someone willing to bring knives [PM for details] back across? They'd need to be sent ASAP from CPFer in California...

ksbman

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
tysonb said:
a pair of GMRS radios to keep in touch with the wife while she grinds her teeth trying to not bother me to go home

[/ QUOTE ]

There are A LOT of places to shop on three corners of the I-96/Novi Rd intersection. On the fourth corner is the Novi Expo Center, which is hosting the Amish Country Craft Show that weekend.

Twelve Oaks Mall
Novi Town Center
Fountain Walk Mall
West Oaks Shopping Center
Amish Country Traditions

You may be begging her to go home when you're ready. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope more people are coming than the four listed in the first post. But then again, much better chances for me to win a light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

2dim

Enlightened

Any large factory outlets nearby? I usually visit Prime Outlets in Grove City, PA...must be over 200 stores, including Sony. Doesn't seem to be any gun/knife shows in Michigan that weekend, or am I wrong?

2dim

Enlightened

Thanks, but both the outlets and gunshow seem aways off course for me...Cabelas sounds good though. That's if I can make the meet at all...

PJ

Enlightened

Don't forget to bring your unique, collector or home brewed lights. We should also have a lux meter to do measurements at 1 meter. I believe it is a Meterman 631 or whatever the one most people use on this forum.

Gander_Man

Newly Enlightened

2Dim,
Actually the Taylor, MI Gibralter Gun Show is less than a half hour from my store and less than half the time it would take to get to Cabela's.
- Russ

PJ

Enlightened

ksbman, ask for the lodge. It is in the back corner of the store, to your left as you go in the front doors. Head toward the fishing department and you will see it.

lmcmann

Newly Enlightened

It turns out I won't be in Az. this weekend, so I'll be dropping by. Should be fun.

Larry

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

man, I would LOVE to be there, But I am in no position to do this at this time. Wife at work, got all 3 kids and NO money. I hope there are pleanty of pictures taken, and hopefully I will be able to be at the next meet.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Jeff

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

My response was way back there but I will be there.....getting packed up right now!