Micro ATL G5 and G5 eX preview

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update! Can't wait for some beam shots!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Hey guys, a couple of quick updates.

I have some different style lenses coming in for testing. One consistent complaint I am getting back from my testers is that the Carlco lens makes the beam too tight, especially at close range. These new lenses should open the beam up a bit and make it less like an aspheric and more like a traditional reflector.

Battery life and heat management all seem to be in the green.

Also, I'm thinking of offering a third light option; this one would run a Cree XML at higher current. The case would be in the same style as the G5 but would be somewhat bigger with an equally bigger battery. This one is still in the early stages and I will have to get back with the dimensions, lumens output and battery sizes.

Thanks!

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Hey Tixx, really appreciate your interest in the G5.

Unfortunately, there just doesn't appear to be enough interest in general to move the project forward.

Probably should have made an announcement a while back but for now at least, the project is on hold.

sunny_nites

Enlightened
Thanks guys, a sad day indeed when I realized that I had to pull the plug on the project.

I think there is definately a market for these types of lights as evidenced by Mecarmys very nice little SGN3 and several other similar offerings out there. And because I ended up having to sell the prototypes to my testers because they didn't want to give them back. The only G5 series light I have left now is the experimental aspheric unit, which is still going strong by the by.

Thanks again everyone for your interest and support!