Mil-spec Tactical Nylon Gear, SERE Pouches, etc.

Jumpmaster

Here is a neat pouch I've been selling for a few years that I thought folks might be interested in...

First, I should tell you a little about the materials and construction methods I use when building my gear. All materials used are manufactured in the United States and meet or exceed military specifications. I was trained in parachute rigging by a master parachute rigger, so my construction methods are also mil-spec. I build everything to reduce wear as much as possible. I want the best when I buy gear and I want to offer the best to folks in the gear that I make to provide to you.

I make these one at a time, by hand, in my smoke-free and pet-free home on a heavy-duty, military grade machine.

I can make these in Crye Precision Multicam (coyote elastic), black, maroon (black elastic), red (black elastic), ACU (UCP) camouflage, and A-TACS (AU) camo.

This is a small SERE pouch that is useful for securely and discreetly carrying small E&E items:

sere1.jpg

sere3.jpg

sere4.jpg

This pouch is double-stitched around the perimeter in color-coordinated binding tape using military specification Type "E" bonded Nylon thread (the same as used on military and civilian parachutes), and also using mil-spec elastic webbing. Every single component of this case is mil-spec.

The pouch is made using a double layer of Military Specification (MILSPEC) 1000D Cordura Ballistic Nylon. It can be attached to PALS / MOLLE webbing with the included strap and ITW G-hook. The closed size is around the same size as a trifold wallet.

The TADGear small patch shown in the pic above is NOT included, however, the strap will have a 1" x 1" square of Velcro for you to attach your own patch, if you'd like.

The SERE pouches are $53.00 shipped (US only and payment via US Postal Money Order only, please.)

I have also built custom gear for other folks on occasion. If you have something you need made, please send me a PM and we can discuss it there.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer them ASAP. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

ForrestChump

Re: Mil-spec SERE Pouches (and Other Custom Gear)

Nice work! Plenty of cowbell!

To bad Im :broke: or I would pick one up!

Jumpmaster

How do envision it being loaded and closed?

Can you show us what it can hold and then close it?

obi

I don't have any in stock right now to do that because they are all made to order, but the pics actually do show how it closes...you put your items (small razor knife, handcuff keys, lock picks, kevlar thread, signal mirror, etc.) into the elastic pockets, fold the top down over that section as shown in one of the pics, then fold each side in and put on the elastic band and nylon strap. It really isn't complicated at all...very straightforward.

Jumpmaster

I have a new item I thought I'd put here in case folks are interested...it is a 1-3/4" wide tactical belt. "Why is it a 'tactical' belt?" you may ask...:) Well, it is "tactical" because it utilizes an Austri-Alpin Cobra buckle with integral ring. It will be sewn using a heavy-duty harness stitcher using size 207 bonded polyester thread...in "tactical" black. :)

These are very similar to so-called "smoke jumper" belts, but mine are better in several important ways, as discussed below.

If you want it made from Type 13 webbing, I can do that for you at no additional charge...I just have Type 7 webbing in stock in black right now...I'd have to order the Type 13 for you.

For various reasons, I make no claim as to the suitability for the uses of this belt. As far as I'm concerned, it should only be used to keep your pants from falling down. :) Here are some specs on this buckle:

Strength rated as follows:

Buckle: 18kN / 4000lb MBS (straight pull). 36kN Loop configuration.
D-ring: 22kN / 5000 lb MBS (straight pull).

Far exceeds ANSI Z359.1, CSA, EN, UIAA, and NFPA standards for fall protection.

The webbing used has a tensile strength of 6000 pounds. The thread used is government specification "3-cord" and has a tensile strength of 31 pounds when new -- both the webbing and thread do degrade over time with exposure to UV light. That said, the thread is bonded Polyester and resists UV (sunlight) much better than bonded Nylon thread.

Anyway, this belt is $85 for up to a 44" belt circumference and includes insured shipping in the US. Larger sizes +$5.00. When ordering, I will need you to tell me what you want the circumference to be for your belt. This will ***NOT*** be the same as the waist size printed on the label on your blue jeans, ok? I've had folks try to get me to make a belt for them off that size and they've...ummm..."stretched" their pants so much that the belt would not fit them because the size on their pants was no longer correct anymore. So...to eliminate all ambiguity and put the onus of correct measurement on the buyer, that is why I need to know the final circumference you want the belt to be and I will make it to that size...it will be able to adjust up or down at least an inch or two in each direction from there. The loose end is secured with velcro. Also, I provide a velcro-secured tie down for the ring so that it doesn't work it's way out of position while you're wearing it...the "others" don't do that...

Others that make similar belts typically use weaker, lighter weight webbing...lighter weight thread (V69 or V92) and they use bonded nylon instead of bonded poly. I know which one I'd rather wear. :)

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

A pic of the belt...
belt1.jpg

(Yes, I know this one's not "tactical black". :) I make prototypes different colors to show detail better.)

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

Just wanted to let everyone know that due to increases in the cost of materials and also shipping to get them to me and shipped out to you, I may be forced to increase my prices in the very near future.

I thought I'd give folks an opportunity to go ahead and order now if they want to order at today's prices. I do not know exactly when this will happen...but I have been eating the cost increases for the last couple of years now so it will probably be very, very soon.

Edit: Prices adjusted. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

New item: Gear / key leash

keyleash1.jpg

keyleash2.jpg

This is a Cobra buckle keychain lanyard. It can easily attach to any PALS / MOLLE webbing or can also be used on your belt. All materials are US-manufactured (except for the Cobra buckle which is made in Austria and is Berry Amendment compliant under "favored nation" status)...all materials also meet or exceed military specifications, as does all stitching and construction methods. These are a nice, secure way to conveniently secure your keys or other gear which can be detached easily and quickly for immediate use.

I can make these in the following colors at this time: Multicam, ACU / UCP camouflage, A-TACS (AU) camouflage, black, red, gray and light pink (someone needed a light pink "tactical dog collar"...go figure...). Buckle colors available are black, sand, coyote, and foliage green. HK hooks (AKA "sling hook") are available in black or coyote. Split ring is shown for clarity in the pics but is not included.

If your particular application requires additional security, I can install one-directional "pull-the-dot" snaps on the leash for you for $7.00 per snap which is what they cost me to buy. If you're not familiar with these snaps, they will only release when pulled from one direction...force from any other direction will not allow the snap to release, so please make sure this is what you need before ordering as it will make it more difficult to remove the snapped portion from your belt...a trade-off for the additional security of it not accidentally releasing.

Also note that Austri-Alpin has been switching over to powder-coated buckles lately. This means that the anodized ones will not be available VERY SOON, so if you want one with an anodized buckle, I would order it immediately if I were you. I only have one supplier left that I know of that still has anodized buckles and I do not know how much longer they will have any before they order the new powder-coated ones.

These are $60 each, shipped within the US and includes insurance and delivery confirmation.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster

I have to go out of town soon, so if you're thinking of ordering something, please order soon...if not, it will probably be a while before I get back and can make/ship it to you.

Thanks.