"Milk Carton Tests" - U2, L5, F2, Error E2L, Aleph, etc.

seattlite

Enlightened
Hello,

I had some free time today so I thought I would take some light meter readings of some of my lights using the flashlightreviews.com "milk carton" apperatus and my Meterman LM631 light meter. I repeated the tests several times, and the results were almost the same. I'm really suprised on the readings I got from the A2 as well as how a WXOS/BB750, McGizmo built, Aleph LE performed. Maybe I'll repeat the A2 test, since it doesn't seem like it should be producing that much light output. Direct driving that Lux V in the "Error E2L" still produces wicked light output. Note, that my light meter readings will probably differ from everyone elses, but the relative differnces in the table below should provide some good comparisons.

Milk_Carton_Tests.jpg

Richard

Steve77

Newly Enlightened
Using primaries in the U2 instead of Pila's made a bigger difference than in the L5 and L4 I see. Interesting.

Those are some lights you got there.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
seattlite

Thanks for the data- I can see that difference when I use two Surefires compared to the 18650 in my U2.
Now all I need is an X-bin to swap in.......

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. i always thought lux was throw... i also heard it was lumens per meter squared.

-David

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
cheapo said:
hmm. i always thought lux was throw... i also heard it was lumens per meter squared.

-David

I think the way that lux works is this. If you spread all of the light from a flashlight on wall, and the light was distributed evenly across exactly 1 square meter, then your lux reading would be equal to lumens. Of course, that never really happens in reality, so the light box apparatus is roughly the overall output. But :stupid: ,so I might be wrong

check out this site in case you hav not been to it yet.