mini mag AA PRO+ (pro plus) - lousy switches?

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
I have several and it seems that all of them have tweaky switches. I know that the "low" is activated by turning it on with the LED end down (torch vertical). But generally when turning it on it will flicker, or go out /flicker when I try to adjust the beam, or just from moving it around or bumping it or...

Am I alone in this?

They seem to have discontinued it, out of stock for all colors of tubes (=different lumens) but retailer on Amazoid still have them.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I alone in this?
Probably not. I had no idea any flashlight worked this way, so I tried to look it up, but don't see the 'user guide'. Based on your description, my thought is that a positionally-dependant UI, EDIT: and a rotationally-dependant one in particular, is likely to be a fatally flawed concept in actual use - at least certainly mine. If it's being discontinued, the market may be speaking to that.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Most likely they were discontinued because Maglite couldn't get the switches to be reliable.

wjv

Enlightened
The nitecore version (SENS AA2 ) worked just fine, Have 2 of them and over several years, they have never failed.