Mitralux 5-967 Handheld 27,000 Lumen Searchlight

Walterk

Enlightened
Assume its grosly the same idea as the Megaray, but then with Halogen versus Xenon.
(It was my inspiration for my fanned SST90.)

BVH

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Been watching that thing on Ebay. Didn't sell first time. This is a re-list. In one of the pics, the bulb looks like a conventional 100 Watt light bulb "style". Seems like a lot of money for a focused incan that needs 120V.

Could not find anything on that particular part number but found info on other models. This one is probably out of production, my guess.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been watching that thing on Ebay. Didn't sell first time. This is a re-list. In one of the pics, the bulb looks like a conventional 100 Watt light bulb "style". Seems like a lot of money for a focused incan that needs 120V.

Could not find anything on that particular part number but found info on other models. This one is probably out of production, my guess.

conventional 100 Watt light bulb

I was wondering how they were getting 27,000 lumens :duh2:. Probably USA congressional math :laughing:

BVH

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Didn't mean to imply that it is a 100 Watt bulb. Was meaning to say that in the very dark pic on Ebay, it looks like a conventionally shaped bulb, much like a GE 100 Watt home-use incan bulb.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have 500W, 1000W, 1500W version etc., Giant filaments, not going to throw well for the watts it burn. 20lumen/W, 1500W will give 30,000 lumens, so the 27,000 lumen is probably the 1500W model.

It's not exactly Megaray concept with halogen either, as it doesn't have the reflector behind the light source,
this is probably one of the least efficient spotlight of all time.

There was a 500W version selling on ebay for $150 a while ago, I was thinking about getting that one & convert to Megaray style short arc, decided against it because the lens isn't big enough, it's about 3-3.5" or so if I remember correctly, I ended up using a host with 4.5" AR coated lens to make my Megaray style short arc, the Mega Blaster.

Last edited: