• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MM+ Wide Open. When?

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
Hey Wayne,

This is one of my favorites. Any idea when you'll be getting more in stock? Thanks!

kj

Enlightened
Hi Wayne,

Don't you sell MM+ WO converter board (not in the sandwich form)? I would like to take one.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am with Chief Wiggum on this one. I wanted to get a MM+ Q3J WO sandwich module for my 2AA.......

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another run is in the works.

Right now I have a lot of regular MM and I am manually changing the inductor to convert them to MM+ for my module builds that I just did.

kj

Enlightened
That would be great if you can sell your hand-made MM+ or MM with the inductor for DIY...

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would people be willing the change the inductor themselves?

If so, I can put the inductor up on the shoppe. I don't have too many. But, if you want me to I could.

kj

Enlightened
Frankly, I think only few people (like me) will do that. It's probably a better idea to put the hand-made MM+ on the shoppe with a premium price.

Either is fine with me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you for your help.

Rebus

Enlightened
Wayne, when you say Regular MM, do you mean
the one with the adjustable pot? Or is it
the old MM set wide open (not adjustable)?

This is getting confusing...!?

-Rebus

[ QUOTE ]
dat2zip said:
Another run is in the works.

Right now I have a lot of regular MM and I am manually changing the inductor to convert them to MM+ for my module builds that I just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
regular mm is the lower current one. the oldest one. mm+ is the high current one. Either one exists in both adj and WO flavors. I just got one of the last MM+ on the shoppe, it was WO. I wouldn't mind changing the inductor on a regular myself, though, if I need another one.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
My stock is getting very low and I have more boards in process. At best estimate the new batch of MM lites and MM+ won't be here till the end of the month given the holiday schedule.

I have a few more inductors and need to pace myself on where allocation of parts and boards go into.

I have enough MM regular WO to convert to MM+ if the shoppe runs out. I only did 10 in a hurry the other day. I can do another 10-20 and put them on the shoppe if it runs out.

Check back or let me know when the shoppe runs out.

Did it run out?

Wayne

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I beleive Wayne still has some MM+ WO non-sandwich boards left. I just bought one last night and as of now says there's 2 left still.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wide Open means non-adjustable. The original MM's had a trim pot that would let you dial down the output for increased runtime.

Jon

Wylie

Enlightened
Now I am really confused. I just copied and pasted this from Wayne's website.

Madmax Plus Step Up Converter Board-Wide Open $22.00

Madmax Adjustable Boost 2AA Converter Board Uses all SMT components and Maxim MAX1674 IC to step up and voltage regulate the output. Output power is approximately 1.5W with 88% efficiency.

I had posted a question on this earlier and deleted it but both Madmax boards say they are adjustable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
I just got an email informing me mine is on the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wylie-
That's the original info on the MM. It's only been in the past couple of months that Wayne has started the WO. He hasn't updated the info about the adjustable pot. You will no longer see the pot offered. All MM will be WO. You will have three choices: MM lite, MM, and MM+. The yields on producing the MM with the pot were awful. He ended up trashing more than he sold. He will offer the pot as a component for those DIYers that have to have it.