• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Moddoolar Triple Wasp Cooling Head and Glow System

les_garten

Newly Enlightened
The E-Series heads and Drop-ins are sealed units, but the Wasps aren't. The Wasp's bezel, optics, and GITD ring are all accessible.

Here's a quick photo of my V4.1.

DSC03568_zps4qau1n0p.jpg

So the GITD is just an easily removed O-Ring?

It was called a frame so I thought there was more to it.

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the Wasp heads use a GITD o-ring. I had this one is the above position within about 15 seconds of picking it up (with an appropriate pointed object nearby).

It may be beneficial to replace the GITD O-ring with a non GITD one. I didn't look to see if the O-Ring contacts/centers/supports the optic.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know the size of the GITD o-ring? It would be cool if we could swap colors

Sure, ask that question after I've got the bezel screwed back on. :)

While I can surely measure the thickness and inside or outside diameter with my calipers, I expect a better answer (and potentially easier for shopping purposes) may come from our Oveready friends shortly.

Last edited:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
1) Any update on the next release ETA on the Wasps?
2) Can you order with GITD and remove later yourself?
3) Is this still the best place to watch for release info?

Strange there hasn't been a post in over a month.

Sorry for the disappointment. We are preparing huge quantities of a new light (more than the drop batch currently available). It will not replace the Wasp but getting it done is sucking up all of our resources and we're unable to produce much else. Wasp will be top of the production list after that release. In the mean time:

Subscribe to the Insider email
Subscribe to the Master thread email
Subscribe to Master thread app notifications

We custom mold our GID rings with high performance powder. Its a standard size (019) but off the shelf options will be much dimmer. We may offer other colors in the future. Rings can be changed by removing the optic as shown above (thanks guys!) but should be replaced by a black 019 to ensure stability of the assembly. Extra note: this is also the perfect size for 'gap filling' with Z41 tailcaps.

les_garten

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the disappointment. We are preparing huge quantities of a new light (more than the drop batch currently available). It will not replace the Wasp but getting it done is sucking up all of our resources and we're unable to produce much else. Wasp will be top of the production list after that release. In the mean time:

Subscribe to the Insider email
Subscribe to the Master thread email
Subscribe to Master thread app notifications

We custom mold our GID rings with high performance powder. Its a standard size (019) but off the shelf options will be much dimmer. We may offer other colors in the future. Rings can be changed by removing the optic as shown above (thanks guys!) but should be replaced by a black 019 to ensure stability of the assembly. Extra note: this is also the perfect size for 'gap filling' with Z41 tailcaps.

Thanx for the information.

Can you order with both O-rings?

BlazerNL

Enlightened
What color will match better with the Moddoolar DB Cell Tube (35-130mm) - Natural HA, the light ore dark of the Moddoolar C Triad Tail - Natural HA.

Kind regards JP

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What color will match better with the Moddoolar DB Cell Tube (35-130mm) - Natural HA, the light ore dark of the Moddoolar C Triad Tail - Natural HA.

Sorry for the confusion. Standard Modd color is dark. Light HA is less usual.

That said, I may a few light bodies that are close to the few light Triads.

BlazerNL

Enlightened
Sorry for the confusion. Standard Modd color is dark. Light HA is less usual.

That said, I may a few light bodies that are close to the few light Triads.

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for a body and tailswitch to combine a KT5 head plus adaptor so proberely the dark is a better combination?

Kind regards JP

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
when is ETA of the 1x18650 bodies? I am trying to build a d36 host. Any advice on parts I will need?

D36 is also known as M. Our M interface works with all D36 parts. Its generally used with 100 and 130mm bodies, which we do have. We hope to resume Moddoolar production later this year. But I don't have an ETA on 65mm and can't build you one with extenders.

AngryDaddyBird

Newly Enlightened
D36 is also known as M. Our M interface works with all D36 parts. Its generally used with 100 and 130mm bodies, which we do have. We hope to resume Moddoolar production later this year. But I don't have an ETA on 65mm and can't build you one with extenders.
Ok so i'd need just the body, tail and that part in the link and a module or do I need to find an M head?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Have a PM asking for Moddoolar head history. Posting here for everyone.

Moddoolar heads come in two metal and two board variations, creating 3 versions:

ONE
finned head
w/fixed optic / board
v4 board
w/ XPG2, XPE2, and 219B (15w max)
board model is printed on the front of the head

TWO
open air head (wasp)
w/changeable optic / board
v4 board
w/ XPL, 219B (20w max)
boards are black, no printing for LED

THREE
open air head (wasp)
w/changeable optic / board
v5 board
w/ XPL, 219B (30w max)
boards are blue, no printing for LED
full board specs are available via serial number (section D)