Sold/Expired Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2 to "MD1"

MartinDWhite

Enlightened
Modifications to convert Malkoff MD2/3/4 to "MD1" and/or MD Extensions

As shown here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?355520-Malkoff-quot-MD1-quot-by-MartinDWhite

Send me a Malkoff body (MD2, MD3, or MD4) I will modify it to be a single cell body "MD1" and sent it back to you. If you send and MD3 or MD4 I can also convert the cut off portion to an extension tube to allow extending a Malkoff body to hold more batteries. An MD3 can be converted into an MD1 and a single cell extension or a single AA sized extension. An MD4 can be converted to an MD1 and a single, double, or AA size extension.

The price for the MD1 conversion is $40 per body plus $5 shipping per order (the shipping charge can be combined with other things I sell also).
The price for the extension tube conversion from the cut off portion is an additional $40 per body.

PayPal to [email protected]
PM for address to send MO, check, or MD2/3/4 body.

Picture show "MD1" with MD2, MD3, and MD4 bodies. Bodies in pictures are not for sale.
IMG_1891.JPG

Completed "MD1" with M61W drop in running on single 18350. Shown with older MD2 for size comparison.
IMG_1896.JPG

A few of the MD extension tubes. A single, double, and AA sized extension are all pictured.
MDExt_1.png

MDExt_2.png

MDExt_3.png

Last edited:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is an excellent idea. I have wished sometimes that Gene would have made MD1's himself, but that never happened.

I definitely want at least one of these mods as soon as funds allow...:broke::sigh:

scout24

Staff member
Thanks for the heads up, greatscoot... A soon as mine gets here, it's off to Martindwhite for shortening, if he's so inclined. :thumbsup:

scout24

Staff member
My MD2 body arrived from the good folks in Georgia... :) I'm ready for an MD1. PM incoming for your address...

scout24

Staff member
I shipped you my MD2 body on Monday, Paypal coming tonight. If you have a package show up from New York today, it's probably mine... :) Thanks!

Norm

Retired Administrator
All lights sent for modification have been done and mailed back.
Received mine MD1 thanks Martin, I realize you posted quite some time ago but I've been away.

Very pleased to add the MD1 to my Malkoff collection.

Norm

scout24

Staff member
Got mine back as well, brilliant! Such a nice job with the machining. Thanks again... :thumbsup: