Modified L1, 2X123A(or 1 168S),LuxIII, Aleph1 head

funder

Newly Enlightened
L1m1.jpg

I shortened the Ecan for LE and the stand in the tail switch, adjusted the spring to make it more compact when depressed.

The driver is NG 917, TWOJ Lux III

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice mod and great pictures too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Any chance you'll post a picture of the back of the Aleph1?
It looks like I've seen that delrin tailcap before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

funder

Newly Enlightened
You mean the pics of the LE's bottom? I will shot some for you, the Ecan was filed down by hand so it look's not smooth and nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

christrose

Newly Enlightened
Re: Modified L1, 2X123A(or 1 168S),LuxIII, Aleph1

Great mod!
I'm also modifying L1 for PR, but I began to want an A1 head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
BTW, isn't NG destroyed by using 2x123A?

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks a lot for posting the pictures! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
How much did you have to file off the ES-can?

In my opinion the Aleph1 has the perfect size and shape for the L1.
I like the L1 very much and have two of them waiting to be modded.
However they have to wait since I'm too busy doing FatMag's and FlexMags. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

akula88

Enlightened

Fang,
Well done!
Turning the L1 to be 2x123 capable is difficult.
I have disassembled and ultimately destroyed an L1 tailcap just to find this out. There's really no more space in there.

Thus...I stopping at the Pila150s level. If I need to go forward, it would be a neck extender. I'm not a fan of a dedicated head, but rather like the idea of using just about any e-series head on the L1 body.
l1s3ip.th.jpg
Larger Image

funder

Newly Enlightened

christrose, I've seen some guy use NG with 2 123A, but now I just use 168S because it cost lower.
icarus: I am not sure the actural size of the ecan before I file it(I use some tin to add the height of the edge for the Ecan before I file it), file a bit and make a trial match, then repeat. I will meature the dimension of this modded ecan later.

akula88: To make it fit 2 123A size both the head and tail switch have to be modded, we have to fight for every mm.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wow.gif... Thanks! Which software did you use to make the drawing?

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Is that ecan turned from scratch or did you modify an existing ecan? If you modified one, did you use the LE ecan or the older ecan from the McLux head?

I can't see how you could get the inner lip that close to the upper lip by modifying a standard ecan.

funder

Newly Enlightened

I use the LE ecan. Use some tin to enhance the height of the lips and crop into right shape by file.
I will ask a friend of mine to make some of this ecan by machine.

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Nice job funder! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Did you have to put any relief in the E-Screw for the DB components?

funder

Newly Enlightened

McGizmo, sorry I am not clear what do you mean by "reflief", In the above showed LE I shortened the ecan too much so I have to file down the escrew a bit for compensation, AAA filled inside.

Krit

Enlightened

Wow cool L1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif