More Anti-War change their mind.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do a lot of reading on the internet these days. I find that personal accounts of experiences are much more revealing than "news". It's not that personal accounts are more accurate or less "spun" but that with the long winded accounts of real humans you can get a handle on the spin and make educated decisions about what you are reading. The newsbites are separated from any context and while I don't suspect them of out and out lying to me, their slant is harder to judge.

The internet is wonderful for this, there are many people writing their thoughts. In some cases you can read back YEARS in peoples lives and really decide if they are someone you believe or understand. The internet is also full of out and out lies, fabrication posturing and "think like me and be right!"isms 9 times out of 10 I can tell the difference so I think I'm doing pretty good.

I came across this today. I think it's worthy of a few minutes of your time to read.

http://assyrianchristians.com/i_was_wrong_mar_26_03.htm

Here are a couple of highlights:

[ QUOTE ]

From a former member of the Army to a person working with the police to taxi drivers to store owners to mothers to government officials without exception when allowed to speak freely the message was the same - `Please bring on the war. We are ready. We have suffered long enough. We may lose our lives but some of us will survive and for our children's sake please,, please end our misery

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We are not afraid of the American bombing. They will bomb carefully and not purposely target the people. What we are afraid of is Saddam Hussein and what he and the Baath Party will do when the war begins. But even then we want the war. It is the only way to escape our hell. Please tell them to hurry. We have been through war so many times,but this time it will give us hope`.

[/ QUOTE ]

Offered for your consideration and comment.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
The website says that ABC is going to air the videotapes some time in the next week or so along with an interview of the minister by Barbara Walters. I hope that they are discreet and can protect the people on the tapes from reprisal by the baathist militants and Saddam's police forces.

TSG

Bill.H

Enlightened
James, great article, thanks for posting it. I did some searches on the guy who wrote it and he's for real. It almost seemed "too good to be true".

[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
The website says that ABC is going to air the videotapes some time in the next week or so along with an interview of the minister by Barbara Walters. I hope that they are discreet and can protect the people on the tapes from reprisal by the baathist militants and Saddam's police forces.

TSG

[/ QUOTE ]
Tsg, I'll go you one better.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I hope that by the time they show those tapes, that saddam's militants and secret police are all dead*. Then nobody there will be afraid if their face is on American TV or not.

*why dead and not captured? Because I'm afraid all those peace protestors will become death penalty protestors once the war crimes trials start.