More EV fires after salt water flooding

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude is on a mission.
More credible information, less shaming and pushy scoot.

I believe many here would be happy to have a conversion with him (I would), as long as he recognizes that many of us do not like being FORCED into buying an EV, which is what a certain "party" in this country is attempting to do at this time

I, and many others here (I believe) are happy for those that want an EV, and I support them in getting them

I also can understand how someone might be interested in them as a "toy", but make no mistake about it, that is all that they are at this time, to many of us (certainly me)

Perhaps in 50-100 years this country MIGHT (and I do mean MIGHT) have the Electrical/Power Grid available to support 100% EV use

Has he even looked into the US Electrical/Power Grid?

But I doubt that any time before 50+ years (and likely closer to 100 years, if even then), will the Electrical/Power Grid while be capable of handling it

But I do agree with you KITROBASKIN, that "dude" is on a mission, but he's not making many converts here

mrfixitman

Enlightened
He's talking at us. Not to us.
Because you don't believe me maybe you will believe a url that parallels my beliefs. I feel you guys need to wake up to the fact that current technology can't meet emissions standards. I'm not saying you have to, but that you will, due to market forces. It's always the money. If you are not convinced wait. See what happens. Then react. I have found that using electricity in conjunction with efficient devices is less expensive. I cook using induction. I bet many people do. I dry clothes weather permitting on a close line. Otherwise a heat pump clothes dryer I got for a hundred dollars on Craigslist. It's not just the car. I don't want to support companies that sell in plastic. My pickles come in glass. That is why I don't support fuel companies. I don't like the results of burning fossil fuels. I drive 135 miles sometimes and have no problem doing so. Haven't used a Supercharger yet though my wife just went to Portland on a visit and made really good time.

Last edited:

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because you don't believe me
You're correct, I do NOT believe you

You've done nothing to earn ANY trust here

I feel you guys need to wake up to the fact that current technology can't meet emissions standards.
YOU need to wake up to the fact that the Electrical/Power Grid is INCAPABLE of handling the current needs of this country, WITHOUT adding additional EV's to it

I don't want to support companies that sell in plastic. My pickles come in glass. That is why I don't support fuel companies. I don't like the results of burning fossil fuels.
You really need to take a LONG, HARD LOOK at what products/things are made from petroleum products

For all of your BIG talk, you haven't a clue about reality

You come off like a typical "know it all" teenager, who has NO real-life experience

I drive 135 miles sometimes and have no problem doing so.
Well, aren't you special!

That's great, you went 135 miles!

Let us know how you do when you have a 300+ mile trip (one way), so make that 600+ miles

Better yet, a 500+ mile trip (one way), so make that 1,000+ miles

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Crazyeddiethefirst! Tell us how you're doing?

Just hoping fixitman will chill yet still participate here.

We can all look back during those times when major change was afoot. Some people were giddy children dashing ahead, others were thoughtfully altering their ways, and the old coots were kicking and screaming about how there weren't enough gas stations and the roads were too lousy for any kind of newfangled automobile to be worth a hoot. "Not worth a hoot I tell ya!"

mrfixitman

Enlightened
Late night talk show hosts were making fun of Trump when he asked about the risks of the new all electric boats. Turns out he may have made a valid point after all.
If he did it was an accident. I was in a car underwater. The door light still worked. An electric motor will happily run underwater. It's not necessarily fatal to drop a plugged-in electrical device into bath water while in the bath, but it's possible to get an electric shock if the device comes into contact with water. This is because bath water is more conductive than the human body, unless it's distilled water, and the current would flow from the device to the ground through the water. The pipes that fill the bathtub are also likely metal, which is highly conductive.

Last edited:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
You're correct, I do NOT believe you

You've done nothing to earn ANY trust here

YOU need to wake up to the fact that the Electrical/Power Grid is INCAPABLE of handling the current needs of this country, WITHOUT adding additional EV's to it

You really need to take a LONG, HARD LOOK at what products/things are made from petroleum products

For all of your BIG talk, you haven't a clue about reality

You come off like a typical "know it all" teenager, who has NO real-life experience

Well, aren't you special!

That's great, you went 135 miles!

Let us know how you do when you have a 300+ mile trip (one way), so make that 600+ miles

Better yet, a 500+ mile trip (one way), so make that 1,000+ miles
Portland and back. No problem, could make it to Bismarck, ND in 18 hours.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Portland and back. No problem, could make it to Bismarck, ND in 18 hours.
So you're telling us you've made these trips?

Or more of your WAG's?

Again, you've earned NO trust here, and some (me, for example) have trouble believing anything you say

mrfixitman

Enlightened
fixitman, can you tell us about your experience being in a car underwater. That is a rare happening.
I was in Germany on a group trip. I was 17. We saw a car in the water and my lousy German wasn't good enough to communicate with the locals. I got the feeling someone might still be in the auto so I jumped in. All I saw was a floor mat swirling around. Illumination was good and from the dome light.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
So you're telling us you've made these trips?

Or more of your WAG's?

Again, you've earned NO trust here, and some (me, for example) have trouble believing anything you say
No I don't want, but could go to Bismarck. The Portland predictions were very accurate, according to my wife, and through Plugshare.com my wife found free chargers, nobody was using, to rest and charge overnight. She left late in the day and is a fan of hiking, camping and car camping. Every time I use the Navagate function, it is very accurate on time predictions.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
What heats the stuff glass is made of?
Hmmmmm.
Green steel production can use significantly less energy than conventional steelmaking. For example, the MOE and hydrogen DRI processes require around four megawatt-hours (MWh) of clean energy per ton of steel, while conventional steelmaking can require five to six MWh. Green steel production can also use fewer steps and generate higher quality steel.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I don't want, but could go to Bismarck.
So it is a WAG

Thanks for confirming

The Portland predictions were very accurate, according to my wife, and through Plugshare.com my wife found free chargers, nobody was using, to rest and charge overnight.
So you are basing this on ONE trip

AND it took overnight to charge

Funny, it has NEVER taken me "overnight" to fill any of my ICE vehicles

Every time I use the Navagate function, it is very accurate on time predictions.
So again, a WAG

Thanks for confirming this AGAIN

Latest posts